Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

new generation seats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlock0331
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: new generation seats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I need to get new seats for the 3020, 5020 & 7020, i started looking around and dang, they are pricey. If its gonna cost me i would rather it be a a little extra for a better than getting a cheaper one that falls apart quick.

SO if i have to spend that kind of money, does anybody have a preferred vendor on these? all of them will need the butt, arms, and back.

I have seen a couple places that sell an extended steel pieces to raise the arms and back section up. looked kinda nice.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: new generation seats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The best luck I have had is with the John Deere
seats although they?re a little harder at first until they
get broken in I really like the thicker cushions on
the aftermarket seats though

tlock0331
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: new generation seats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Really? I guess i need to check out motherdeere's site to pull some part numbers.....

speaking of which, has anybody else has any issues with the "newest" parts catalog? everytime i try to access it, it faults.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: new generation seats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like K&M seats. Good quality.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: new generation seats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Should be the same part numbers for all 3
according to the parts books 146.30$

Kansas4010
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: new generation seats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've tried jd and aftermarket. I haven't
been impressed with any of them. My
neighbor bought this seat for his 4010 at
Tractor Supply. He's had it for a few
years now and really likes it. It's
universal so didn't need to be modified to
fit. The back is adjustable and the seat
slides forward and back. It's fabric so
you don't get a case of road rash from
riding in the saddle on a hot day for to
long. It doesn't remotely look original
but is much more comfortable than the
original seats. I'm thinking I might give
one a try one of these days.

tomstractorsandtoys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: new generation seats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Deere stopped making the good seat cushion for the new gen tractors about 20 years ago. I bought a couple extras that the local dealers had in stock but they are all on tractors now. Nothing is as good as the old ones in ride and comfort. I have been just buying farm&fleet ones when on sale for around $100. Tom

long green line man
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: new generation seats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tlock: I agree with Tom, The original seats are far better , I inherited a NOS, seat set father in law, bought in "70's",after he sold out; he never put on his 3020, / had an old retired JD employee , seats cushions came to dealer in boxes from a manufacture in Holyoke CO. [ Googled Speer Cushion co.] / I ordered 2 seat sets 2 yrs. ago, they are great sit like 1972... [not cheap $ though ]

David from Kansas
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: new generation seats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I read somewhere that Speer had gone out of business.

posi
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: new generation seats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-david from kansas wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:18:06 03/15/19) I read somewhere that Speer had gone out of business.

https://www.holyokeenterprise.com/ag-business/speer-cushion-co-close-after-59-years

thastinger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: new generation seats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tlock0331 wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:39:21 03/14/19) I need to get new seats for the 3020, 5020 & 7020, i started looking around and dang, they are pricey. If its gonna cost me i would rather it be a a little extra for a better than getting a cheaper one that falls apart quick.

SO if i have to spend that kind of money, does anybody have a preferred vendor on these? all of them will need the butt, arms, and back.

I have seen a couple places that sell an extended steel pieces to raise the arms and back section up. looked kinda nice.

I bought the whole aftermarket setup, plus new brackets (from here I think) and used stainless fasteners to bolt everything together. Leave the bolts loose until you get it on the tractor, then you can tweak as needed. Feels fine to me in terms of comfort but I don't have anything to compare it to.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters