Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Mercury pickup truck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grayrider
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Robert Redford just got out of this Mercury pickup in the movie ?An Unfinished Life?. I?ve never seen a Ford truck branded as a Mercury, must be a Canadian built truck? I have seen a Plymouth pickup years ago south of Montgomery AL which was actually a Dodge branded as a Plymouth

Billy Shafer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That was a truck for Canada. I think sold some in America back in the thirties.

Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, Canadian Ford.

Mule Meat
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They were also built in San Jose CA from around 1965 -68.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Ande wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:13:21 03/14/19) Oh yes, he left the USA didn't he, well I hope he enjoys his life up there.

Really? Didn't know that.

I know he has a ranch in Utah, and that part of the film Jeremiah Johnson was filmed on his ranch.

RedMF40
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-grayrider"](quoted from post at 16:38:12 03/14/19) Robert Redford just got out of this Mercury pickup in the movie ?An Unfinished Life?. I?ve never seen a Ford truck branded as a Mercury, must be a Canadian built truck?

I had a 67 mercury M100 pick up for many years. Found it in Utah. Straight 6, three on the tree, good running truck. Let it go when I decided the rust was winning the battle.

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Built in Canada til 1968. A Ford clone, like a Chev is to a GMC or Dodge to Fargo. Mercury did have a slightly higher trim base model and a few more trim options in some model years.
Ben

John Deere D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

?An Unfinished Life?....This movie was (this scene with the Mercury Truck )filmed on Ranching Country five miles south of the village of "Savona" British Columbia Canada.

I was stationed in the Town of Savona (1987>2011) and yes, Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman were very friendly gentleman to talk to.

Production.
While set in Wyoming, An Unfinished Life was actually filmed in the Canadian towns of Ashcroft, Savona, and Kamloops, British Columbia.

Bob..Retired Power Engineer .....Last posting Town of Savona Canada...

John Deere D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There were both Ford and Mercury dealers in our small town.......only ever seen a FORDS with the box attached to the Cab.

The box attached to the Cab....NOT a great idea for the North Western Alberta Canadian Gravel Roads!

Bob....Dawson Creek BC Canada...

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back in my high school days, buddy was driving a 66 Merc, in-line 6 , 3 on the tree. It was a black truck with a red interior, custom cab. Old truck was loaded with chrome both inside the cab and outside trim, and rare then, complete set of gauges. The old Merc couldn?t fly, but that never stopped my buddy from trying to achieve lift off.

Crazy Horse
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob ..... so how are Robert and Morgan doing these days? Still keep in touch with you by email I assume?

pete 23
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mercury cars were branded Monarch in Canada in the fifties. My neighbor (Air Force) bought a new one in 57. Don't know about pickups.

Tech 7
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Mercury pickup truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mercury pickup was the first road vehicle I drove. It was a 1969 I believe, inline (240 cid) 3 on the tree, manual steering and brakes. Had a rod knock in it when we bought it, still knocked til the last time we shut the key off. You could put that truck in reverse, stand on the accelerator get moving decent then drop it into first and stand on it. Kinda hard on the tires though

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters