Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Case 310G 188D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie175
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject: Case 310G 188D Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the secret to getting the secondary fuel filter on?
It has thin gaskets top and bottom, hard to get aligned by pressing down and screwing on the top.
Looks like the gaskets need to be much wider to fit right

Charlie175
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Case 310G 188D Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Currently it as a CNH filter on it that has the wide gaskets, I just don't see how it vents. The original type filter had slots in the top

Charlie175
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Case 310G 188D Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got the "Alternate" filter to work. The thin gasket one still alludes me....

Another question is concerning the Oil Pressure port on the block. The lead to the port is broke so I removed the plug (Left side of the block) to check it out and water came out. Why would water be there?
The oil is normal, no sign of water.

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Case 310G 188D Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was it clear water or was it coolant?

Charlie175
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Case 310G 188D Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found out that is the block drain. My fault.
Need to look more as to where the oil sensor location is.

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Case 310G 188D Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might by wrong but I seem to think that the electric sensor fitted directly behind the oil gauge,ie the oil pressure pipe goes from the block to the mechanical gauge there is a tee behind the gauge that the sensor screws into,not conventional but that is what they used.
AJ

Gary201
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Case 310G 188D Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not sure, but if it uses a CAV cartridge type fuel filter, the gasket goes in a groove in the filter base and seals on the narrow lip at the top of the filter. Some brands of this filter do not have slots in the top of the filter, the fuel enters or exits around the perimeter at the top. It is possible to fit the gasket inside the lip of these filters and install it. This will prevent any fuel flow and drive you nuts trying to figure out what is going on. Check the filter base for a groove to accept the narrow gasket. Hope this helps.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters