Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

JD 467 baler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WAYNE-N-TEXAS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject: JD 467 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have this baler and I think that big heavy thing on the PTO shaft that hooks to the tractor is going bad. It seems to be loose in the u-joint area that hooks to the tractor. I don't think it's the u-joint it self. Can I go with a regular PTO shaft? I don't think I will be using to much longer, having my right knee replaced the 2nd of April, don't know how long I have to take it easy. No warranty left.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: JD 467 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I experimented baling with driveshaft that I converted to single u-joint several yrs back on my 467. I ground down indexing(timing) tabs so I could time the 2 telescoping shafts correctly. Baling in a straight line was fine but turning corners with pto engaged I could see the belts flopping due to the minor changes in pto speeds when pto shaft is operated at an angle. I'm fairly confident the chains were flopping also. I bought a new aftermarket shaft. Cheapest complete CV shaft I've located is $648

WAYNE-N-TEXAS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: JD 467 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Jim, I looked around for a little while, didn't see one that cheap, most at least a $100.00 more, still better than a new from Deere.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: JD 467 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is the shaft I referred to.

WAYNE-N-TEXAS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 467 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll give them a call in the morning. Thanks

Bunchgrass Farm
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: JD 467 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just a thought --- Are you sure you just don't need bearings at the coupler (where the 2 shafts come together)? I ask because my JD 347 sq baler ate that bearing last year. The replacement bearing is way cheaper than a new shaft --- even if you buy from JD dealer.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: JD 467 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Drive shaft u-joint on JD 347 & 467 are not similar. 467 has CV joint with 2 u-joints very close together with a ball & socket joint.

Organicfarmer1972
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 467 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RE TX Jim, do you perform any JD Sq Baler repairs that are brought to you? Need a couple 346's repaired sometime.

Thanks !

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: JD 467 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry I stopped doing any repairs on farm equipment due to my having permanent nerve damage. Most repairs on farm equipment can be performed by anyone with good mechanical skills.Are your 346 balers wire or twine tie? I would be happy to give you any advice you need if you would call me. If interested send me an email & I'll send you my phone # or send me your phone # & I'll contact you.
Jim

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters