Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hydrouylics not working on Wd 45

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrAllis
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics not working on Wd 45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="Duane Becker"](quoted from post at 17:19:49 04/13/19) [quote="DrAllis"](quoted from post at 18:50:52 04/10/19) In this case, with the linkage disconnected, the lever for screw "A" will have to be turned CCW to get the tip of screw "A" to mate with the divot on the side of the pump. ******* That linkage doesn't have to be connected for the pump to operate correctly using "HOLD" position settings. If you follow my previous instructions about screwing in screw "A" into the divot, your pump will work fine. Some bozo has welded the eye to the adjustable stop bolt. I have no idea why anyone would do that. Anyway, without the weld being cut free and reconnecting the eyebolt and linkage, your Traction Booster system cannot operate at all. So, unless you are plowing or discing with a mounted implement, leave the pump settings for HOLD position and you'll be OK fine.

Duane Becker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics not working on Wd 45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="DrAllis"](quoted from post at 01:29:08 04/14/19) [quote="Duane Becker"](quoted from post at 17:19:49 04/13/19)
DrAllis wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:50:52 04/10/19) In this case, with the linkage disconnected, the lever for screw "A" will have to be turned CCW to get the tip of screw "A" to mate with the divot on the side of the pump. ******* That linkage doesn't have to be connected for the pump to operate correctly using "HOLD" position settings. If you follow my previous instructions about screwing in screw "A" into the divot, your pump will work fine. Some bozo has welded the eye to the adjustable stop bolt. I have no idea why anyone would do that. Anyway, without the weld being cut free and reconnecting the eyebolt and linkage, your Traction Booster system cannot operate at all. So, unless you are plowing or discing with a mounted implement, leave the pump settings for HOLD position and you'll be OK fine.

Thanks Dr Allis for the reply. I'm looking through the Agco Part online catalog to try and get the parts to replace that mess on the drawbar end. I wish I could get a picture of someones wd45 of this spot that has the correct factory parts so I can compare. Kinda hard with just that catalog diagrams.

DrAllis
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics not working on Wd 45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd be very surprised if you can buy any of those parts new anymore. It would take me all of 5 minutes to cut thru that blob of weld with a thin cutting disc, and then use a grinder to dress up the excess welding on the hex bolt head and the eyelet and then reassemble.

Duane Becker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics not working on Wd 45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DrAllis wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:18:54 04/14/19) I'd be very surprised if you can buy any of those parts new anymore. It would take me all of 5 minutes to cut thru that blob of weld with a thin cutting disc, and then use a grinder to dress up the excess welding on the hex bolt head and the eyelet and then reassemble.

Thanks Dr Allis, I'll get that weld cut off and finish up with grinder on bolt.

chaskaduo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics not working on Wd 45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the nut is not actually welded to the bolt, maybe a nut cracker on it and then chasing the threads would save it.

Duane Becker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics not working on Wd 45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've cut the weld through and got the pieces all disconnected. Notice the drawbar control rod at the drawbar end that has the eye bolt is broken off at the threads. Also the bolt that connects into the drawbar assembly is also broken off. I will get the broken piece out of the drawbar. I think I can get that bolt replaced.
Not sure of the eye bolt and threaded end-the thing that screws into the drawbar control rod.
Anyway trying to get this thing back to original. I'll get ahold of Agco Parts company tomorrow. Any used parts someone has laying around, I'd buy them from you.

Aaron SEIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics not working on Wd 45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are thousands of these things in junk yards. Get with Bill Deppe at Deppe AC Parts in Maquoketa, Ia or Lad Benes at L&L Parts in Wells Mn. Both can set you up with what you need. Both are great guys.
AaronSEIA

Duane Becker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics not working on Wd 45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Update on drawbar and hydraulics:
I have removed broken studs, bought a new bolt stud, a different eyebolt from Sandy Lake Imp. and within a day or so, I should have everything back on with drawbar connected to the hydraulics via the link rod. I'll post a picture when I'm done and might get some more tips from you all. Thanks again!

Duane Becker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics not working on Wd 45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Aaron for the tip, I'll save both of these guys in my contacts.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters