Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

any thoughts!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: any thoughts!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

saw this tow behind rototiller on rural kings website. can pull it with a riding mower.anybody use one? looks like the ticket for smaller areas
poke here

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: any thoughts!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know nothing about that particular brand but have seen that style used. They work fairly well. The pulling tractor can idle down to go slow enough for the pull tiller to work. Plus not a lot of brackets and mounting to switch when you want to till. Some fellows use them behind ATVs for deer food plots.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: any thoughts!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sears and Briny built them for garden tractors,work pretty good. The ones I have are picked up by the garden tractor lift one is a sleeve hitch the other a Cat 0 3pt.With the one pictured guess it has to be knocked into to neutral or raised to turn around and transport.

gab
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: any thoughts!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Believe for that kind of money I'll just stick with my old 1968 Wheel Horse tractor and tiller.

kruser
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: any thoughts!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like yer feeling better already !

gab
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: any thoughts!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Believe for that kind of money I'll just stick with my old 1968 Wheel Horse tractor and tiller.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: any thoughts!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never used one...

Under ideal conditions, soft well prepared soil, level and plenty of room to turn around, it probably would work.

But in the real world... How will it react with no one controlling it when it snags a root or rock? If it were a 3 point, maybe a different story.

If your garden is smooth enough to let a walk behind tiller go, let it run without help, it would probably work. I've never experienced that situation!

Here's their video. Note they do not show it in action...
Tiller Video

shinnery
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: any thoughts!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks nice but I think it would take a lot of veggies to pay for it.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: any thoughts!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any garden tractor tiller is really for cultivating or finish work not for ground breaking but for what they are designed they work good.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: any thoughts!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gab, that is a sweet machine!!!

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: any thoughts!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just understand, that is a 6.5hp engine. If the soil is NOT tilled and is low on mulch you need to dig an inch or so per pass. Also a tractor with a hydrostatic tranny will make life so much easier. If you have the bucks the price isn't toooo bad. The most amazing machine is my Gravely with a Roto Plow on it. Fantastic set up. Goes from a dirt field to a puffy fluffy seed bed 9 inches deep and 12 inches wide in one pass. But you can go non stop. Here in SJ the soil is sand so easy to dig. If you have hard soil your first pass should be 4 inches. Wait a couple of days and then set the plow deeper and till again. I have one and it is built like a tank! This is a pretty good video.

Gravely Roto Plow.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters