Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1954 jubilee with live pto option

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohm
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: 1954 jubilee with live pto option Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Jubilee with the option for live pto on it. I have seen it mentioned on here but no one ever said what kind of additional value it might add, I was wondering what be a fair value for it?
Tractor runs great tin isnt perfect but soilid live pto/hand clutch option works.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 1954 jubilee with live pto option Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If functional, the "live PTO" option will add value to your NAA. If not functional, probably not, as parts are NLA.

Probably add $500 - $1,000 if functional.

Dean.

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 jubilee with live pto option Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know someone on another site looking for one for his Jub if you want to pull it. Someone who wants one might pay more to install in his show tractor. It's rare to find one that still works.

Tom Bond
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 jubilee with live pto option Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's one right down the road from me that says it has the LIVE PTO option. Seems like a fair price if all works.

https://lasalle.craigslist.org/grd/d/tonica-54-ford-jubilee-tractor/6865077596.html

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 jubilee with live pto option Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can't be certain from the photos but I do not believe that that one has the live PTO system. I suspect that the owner is confusing live hydraulics with live PTO.

Still, not a bad price if all is well.

Dean

Jim L WA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 jubilee with live pto option Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dean, I don't mean to hijack this post, but for my education, what exactly is a live PTO? and for that mater what are live hydraulics?

WayneIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 jubilee with live pto option Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with Dean. While on the subject I have an NAA that with live PTO that does work and is or will be for sale shortly.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 jubilee with live pto option Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Live hydraulics means the hydraulics are always on any time the engine is running.
Unlike on an N Series where if you push the clutch in you lose lift function the clutch has nothing to do with live hyds.
All Fords from the Jubilee onward have live hyds.
Live pto is accomplished by means of a double clutch. Lets you start and stop forward movement of the tractor without affecting the pto. Push the clutch pedal halfway down and the tractor stops. Push it all the way down and the pto stops.
When mowing you can let the clutch half way up to get the mower up to speed then let the clutch pedal all the way up to get the tractor moving. No need to have an ORC on a luve pto tractor.
Then there is Independent pto which means it is independent of the clutch.
Clutch in, clutch out you can turn the pto on or off at any time.
3 types: transmission, live, independent.
The so called live pto add on for NAAs wasn't a true live pto. That option added another small clutch between the transmission and pinion gear in the rear end that let you stop forward motion with an extra handle on the side of the tractor but let the pto keep running.
It was handy but not as reliable as a true live pto.

Jim L WA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 jubilee with live pto option Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Ultradog. I thought that what was meant by live hydraulics, but didn't know about the different PTO options.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters