Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Attn Royse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCinKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:36 am    Post subject: Attn Royse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Royse I received the package you sent and it’s great! I really can’t thank you enough.

I noticed that CNH list two clamps are needed for 100 series distributors and the are quite obviously NLA.

Should I try to locate another or will one be ok? I was thinking about using the one you sent as a template to scratch one up. Or maybe I’ll check the salvage yard or eBay to save some time.

Thanks again!

Jeff

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Attn Royse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will go check when I get a minute, but I think mine only have one.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Royse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well that turned out to be a mixed bag of worms.
Two of my 172's have only one clamp, the third has two.
Of the two 134's I have left, one has two, the other just one.
All have bolt holes to mount two of them though.

Here's a picture of one of my 134's that has a non-stock clamp.
This is the only clamp it has and it runs fine.
Maybe it will give you an idea if you want to fab a second one.

By the way, glad it got there safely and you're welcome! Smile

JCinKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Royse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That s about what I figured. Plenty of old machines running around however they can.

I m going with the one you sent. No sense worrying over nothing. I got it on yesterday, and it makes the entire tractor look dirty...

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Royse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"I got it on yesterday, and it makes the entire tractor look dirty."

Smear some old grease on it. If it works, it works. Wink
Parts of the engine looks new though. I would have wanted to go
down the rabbit hole of making the rest of the engine look the same.
Then of course, the rest of the tractor would have been my next
rabbit hole. I wouldn't have necessarily gone down either rabbit
hole, but I surely would have wanted to! Smile

JCinKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Royse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I ll admit I was pretty close to a full year down and paint.

You see the lovely mud hole my better half allowed it to be parked in. That big yellow solar light in my blue sky shop only works about half the time though.

Honestly I couldn t stand pulling parts off and not painting them, but I have the strong urge to leave it in work clothes. Maybe I ll just save it for a retirement project...if I can still get parts in 2050.

Hopefully the tin will be on next week and I ll put more pics up.

I dub thee half n half...

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Royse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Honey, we need to build a garage to work on tractors, err,
park your car in. I can't have you outside in the winter/mud!" LOL

Muttley here kind of looks similar.

JCinKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Royse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Muttley looks great! I m a big fan of the egg crate x01 series grill over the x00.

After it s running I m gonna need you to write a manual on Rest-o-Ride seat restoration. I love the looks of the one that s on it, but my kidneys will thank you.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Royse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your kidneys, and your back!
I'd be glad to help with what little I know about the ROR seats.
I've rebuilt three of them now, but DollarBill is the true Guru!
He helped me along the way with mine. This is one of his.

And the first one I rebuilt.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters