Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

evaluating my 9n

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caroline Chamblin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: evaluating my 9n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes I have both a trickle charger and a large starting charger. Sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn't.

JK-NY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: evaluating my 9n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tractor doesn't look to be in bad shape from the pictures. It is stored in good conditions and no sign of leaks under it. If tires are good, it runs well once started without overheating or excessive oil use and pto, hydraulic system and brakes work, you have a lot to start with. You may need some maintenance such as a good tune up carb cleaning or adjusting, a new battery or something else considered normal maintenance. Then it is a matter of putting some money into the tractor or putting the money into something else. Newer tractors have more features than the older ones which may make a newer one more useful. If you are satisfied with the job this tractor does for you or want something newer is a call you have to make. Unfortunately the older Fords have lost quite a bit of resale value in most parts of the country over the last few years, which should be considered both in a decision to sell, and any decision to spend a lot on repair.

PatrickB
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: evaluating my 9n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lot of good advice rendered here Caroline. I can't ad to it but will make an observation.
Those front wheels sure don't look parallel to me, or is it an optical allusion?

Caroline Chamblin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: evaluating my 9n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think it's an illusion. Tractor
tracks ok when driving.

Caroline Chamblin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: evaluating my 9n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok went out to start the tractor. I'm waiting now for the sediment bowl gasket to wet because it was leaking quite a bit. I've dealt with that several times before. New this time is leaking from bottom of carb drain plug. Starter engaging and good turn over sound, no catch to.start though. I suppose I should start it every week or two all year.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters