Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

OT weed eater

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: OT weed eater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a similar machine made by
Huscvarna. Bought it new about 10 years
ago. It has seen a lot of use and has
been trouble free.
Those type with the sholder harness are
great.

Jim L WA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: OT weed eater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Getting back to your tank leak, if the J.B. Weld doesn't work, or you try to plastic weld it and that doesn't work, I wonder if you couldn't adapt a replacement tank from an Echo or other brand of grass trimmer.

Kid Shileen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: OT weed eater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have used epoxy putty on plastic tanks. Very easy to put where you need it. As permanent a repair as your gonna get .

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: OT weed eater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Kid Shileen wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:28:18 04/20/19) I have used epoxy putty on plastic tanks. Very easy to put where you need it. As permanent a repair as your gonna get .

Is that the type that comes in a plastic tube the size of a roll of dimes? It has a core in it so you just need the stuff so it's all one color and it's ready to go.

hunkydory
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: OT weed eater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had to look it up, but JB Weld has a product specifically for plastics called PLASTICWELD. I have not used it, but it sounds interesting.

FWIW, I use my zero-turn mower to clear minor brush, high weeds, etc. It makes short work of them with little effort on my part. Smile

BearGap
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: OT weed eater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a leak in the fuel tank on my Stihl chainsaw. An epoxy patch lasted only until the fuel was added again, then it came right off. However, I picked up a $14 plastic weld kit from Harbor Freight and that successfully patched the tank. I had no more issues as long as I continued to own that unit.

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: OT weed eater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-beargap wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:03:47 04/22/19) I had a leak in the fuel tank on my Stihl chainsaw. An epoxy patch lasted only until the fuel was added again, then it came right off. However, I picked up a $14 plastic weld kit from Harbor Freight and that successfully patched the tank. I had no more issues as long as I continued to own that unit.

What did this kit consist of?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters