Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Spreading manure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Spreading manure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can I spread manure on a growing triticale crop ?

redforlife
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Spreading manure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would say you could if you wanted to. Problem is, it's probly not going to do much good for this growing season without being worked into soil, or time allowed for it to desolve and be soaked in by rain.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Spreading manure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I?m just trying to figure out how to get rid of the manure and all my fields are planted

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Spreading manure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Solid, no, liquid.....meh, lots of compaction issues....depends how tall the crop is and how much you run down.

Ben

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Spreading manure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Put it on CL manure is a big seller this time of year for gardens.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Spreading manure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it really ?

MJMJ
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Spreading manure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most people are expecting composted manure for their gardens.
Around here most of it goes on mixed grass hay fields. If you know anyone with that type of field, I'm sure they'd welcome it.

hayray
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Spreading manure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You could just pile it on the edge of the field and wait to spread it after you harvest the tree to Callie I just got done spreading on hayfields grass is only a couple inches tall

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Spreading manure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you deliver I need a couple loads. Can't be more than 2000 miles .....one way!!!

Animal
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Spreading manure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

spread some over the week end and we are expecting 6 inches of rain sooooooooooooo

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Spreading manure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got a couple hundred tons to spread but can't get the fields dried out enough, more rain coming this week.
Probably wait until after first cutting of hay and then spread.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters