Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MW governor adjustment?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
graveldog25
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: MW governor adjustment? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello all! I recently purchased an MB power grader with the
Farmall M as the power plant. The engine has an M&W
governor on it. The throttle shaft tube was broken where it
bolts to the carb. I got a different tube with the throttle shaft in
it. Is there any adjustment I need to make after I install the
other shaft I?m going to put on? I know on the original style
governor, the little clevis should be threaded up or down so
the pin goes in without binding so the governor link and the
throttle shaft are in synch. Is there a procedure like that for the
M&W governor?

pete 23
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: MW governor adjustment? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Same procedure on M & W governor as IH. Pull throttle wide open, full speed, pull up on linkage going to carburetor and adjust the link coming up from below so it just fits freely together. Has a ball socket type end , rather than a headed pin but same adjustment . The idea is so that when weights are fully collapsed from spring pressure, throttle butterfly will be fully open. Too short and it won't open butterfly fully and too long will cause unnecessary slamming of throttle against stop in carb causing premature wear.

graveldog25
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: MW governor adjustment? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info pete 23!! Much appreciated!!

graveldog25
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: MW governor adjustment? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info pete 23!! Much appreciated!!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters