Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One thing that hasn't been stated yet, is that the pump manufacturer (i.e. Cessna, Thompson, or TRW) doesn't go by the IH part number. Going direct to the pump manufacturer is probably your only hope of finding parts.

In watching your videos, I don't see the jerking or hear the squealing either. The only time the camera shakes is when you stop the loader to change direction. I *think* I can hear something every few seconds in the background, but it's hard to tell. If it is what I think it is, I had a similar noise in my Farmall Cub when I temporarily put a loader on it. Every few seconds it would make a "ZING!" only much louder than what I'm hearing from yours. Nobody could tell me what it was. I never solved it. Took the loader off and the noise stopped, so I sold the loader.

Only thing I could figure is it was an air bubble that just wouldn't work its way out. Just kept circulating around the system. Like I said, never figured it out for sure...

ETD66SS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess the squealing is not loud like a typical relief valve squeal...

All I can say is the jerkiness is happening, and it does make a squeal. And sitting right next to the control valves when operating the loader, it doesn't sound like it's coming from the valves, more like from the pump at the front.

I just don't know if a gear pump will make noises if there is air in the oil.

I ordered an operators manual off eBay for a 2444, hopefully it has a bleeding procedure for the loader, as I have never tried to bleed it. Not sure where I would do that.

If it does not have to be bled and the air is supposed to work itself out, well then I'm stuck again.

ETD66SS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess a bit more information on 2000 loaders. A member over on the Red Power forums states the dealership he worked at installed 2000 loaders on new 424 & 444 tractors, and they installed them with the front PTO pump. So it's not just industrial tractors that got the front PTO pumps it seems...

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There isn't enough different between the farm and industrial tractors that you couldn't install the loader and front pump on either. Only thing stopping you would be a Federal law.

ETD66SS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BarnyardEngineering wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:34:26 05/13/19) There isn't enough different between the farm and industrial tractors that you couldn't install the loader and front pump on either. Only thing stopping you would be a Federal law.

Well, I stopped by my Dad's today to look at the 444 again. I read in a couple old forums posts that with a loader, and a front mount PTO pump, the oil level should be about 6" from the fill port on the trans to the right of the shifter. I made a dipstick, and I'm about 11" until I hit oil. Looks like I need a few more gallons of oil. Pretty sure I put in 17 gallons last time I worked on this...

JimB2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, since that is a UK built tractor the hydraulic capacity is probably in Imperial gallons, so 17 Imp gallons would be about 20.5 US Gallons.

ETD66SS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-jimb2 wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:46:01 05/13/19) Hi, since that is a UK built tractor the hydraulic capacity is probably in Imperial gallons, so 17 Imp gallons would be about 20.5 US Gallons.

Wow, well that would be a silly mistake...

However, how do I know if I have a UK or US built 444? Serial nameplate says Chicago IL.

Referencing this thread: https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/topic/35986-international-444-differences/

ETD66SS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe the styling of this front grille tells me it is a late 60's/early 70's US made unit? https://imgur.com/KARzo17

JimB2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, as I understand the USA built units were what they called crate units. If it was a Diesel 444, the main chassis (rear axles, diff/trans and BD-154 Diesel engine) was all built in Bradfort UK and then put
in a crate and shipped to Louisville, KY where the Delco electrical system, front axle, power steering, wheels, tires and possibly tin work like fenders and grille were added and branded as USA made/assembled.
If it was a gas version the 444 would be shipped without engine and a USA built C-146 for B414, 424 and 2424 models and C-153 for 444 and 2444 models, gasoline engine would be installed at Louisville.
A couple quick checks to see if USA built, serial number plate, power steering if there is no drag link on left side of tractor connecting steering wheel mechanism to front knuckles, only hydraulic hoses to
two hydraulic cylinders on front axle and check starter/alternator for being Delco and not Lucas made although over the years these could have been swapped.

Here in Canada we received the complete UK built units although a few of the USA built units would appear.

ETD66SS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-jimb2 wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:00:17 05/14/19) Hi, as I understand the USA built units were what they called crate units. If it was a Diesel 444, the main chassis (rear axles, diff/trans and BD-154 Diesel engine) was all built in Bradfort UK and then put
in a crate and shipped to Louisville, KY where the Delco electrical system, front axle, power steering, wheels, tires and possibly tin work like fenders and grille were added and branded as USA made/assembled.
If it was a gas version the 444 would be shipped without engine and a USA built C-146 for B414, 424 and 2424 models and C-153 for 444 and 2444 models, gasoline engine would be installed at Louisville.
A couple quick checks to see if USA built, serial number plate, power steering if there is no drag link on left side of tractor connecting steering wheel mechanism to front knuckles, only hydraulic hoses to
two hydraulic cylinders on front axle and check starter/alternator for being Delco and not Lucas made although over the years these could have been swapped.

Here in Canada we received the complete UK built units although a few of the USA built units would appear.

Well, here is the SN plate: https://imgur.com/oTrE9Kv

Here is the power steering: https://imgur.com/rsfVCTc

So no drag link due to the double steering cylinders.

I ordered an owners manual off eBay, hoping it has the capacities for the IH 444 with load + front PTO pump.

I was reading on some other forums, that if an AG 444 had a 3pt lift and power steering, when a loader was added a front mount pump was required. If the tractor did not have either the 3pt lift or power steering, it did not receive a front mount pump with the loader.

I will add more oil this weekend until the level is 6" below the fill plug next to the shifter, and hope that solves the foamy oil problem. I can't believe it would be that easy, but I'll take it if that's the case!

JimB2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, your 444 is definitely a USA built/assembled tractor. I could not find a photo of UK build 444 with the dual hydraulic pumps but see photos of UK build 384 same as your 444 but one generation newer. We
had a 384 with IH 1550 loader and neighbor had a 444 with 1501 loader and they were the same except for the tin work was updated to match the 84 series styling. In Canada we only received UK build units.

See attached photos of UK 384, one photo shows the dual hydraulic pumps, front one used for 3pt and rear one used for power steering only, both pumps had a capacity of 7.6 GPM US.
The other photo shows the Power Steering setup with the power steering cylinder on the left side of tractor with the steering drag link controlling the valve on the power steering cylinder.

Re front hydraulic pump for loaders on USA build 444s, reason being the USA build units only had one 10 GPM US hydraulic pump to run both 3pt and power steering using a splitter priority valve.
If a loader was installed it over loaded the hydraulic pump. If the loader was lifting and you turned the steering wheel the priority valve would direct hydraulic flow to the PS and the loader would slow
down or stop lifting. On the UK build units with the dual hydraulic pumps the loader was plumbed in series before the 3pt lift so lifting the loader would stop the 3pt lifting but turning the steering wheel
had no effect as it had its own hydraulic pump but did use the same reservoir under the seat. Also on the UK built units the trans/diff was filled with 90WT gear oil. On the USA built units as soon as a
front pump was added then the adapter kit had to be added to the hydraulic reservoir under the seat to use the trans/diff with Hytran hydraulic oil and over filled to within 6" inches of the top to become
the hydraulic reservoir for the front pump.

Hope this explains some of the differences between UK and USA built units.

ETD66SS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK, I think I am understanding a bit better now.

I have read I think almost every 444/2444 thread on these forums and Jim, you comment in almost every single one of them! Teaching everyone about these tractors. Much appreciated, sorry if you have to keep repeating yourself.

One last thing I am still confused about. Turns out my Dad's 444 does not have the adjustable front axle, only place I can find what he has is here: https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr50024ar1302355

The heavy duty front axle for a 2444. It almost seems like everything on this tractor points towards a 2444, except the serial tag says 444???

The loaders' base color is yellow, so I always assumed this 444 did not come with a loader from the US assembly plant. It looks like the font axle was never painted yellow, so now I'm thinking it was setup for a loader otherwise it would have had the adjustable front axle...

I think if I ever paint this tractor I'm going to paint it up as a yellow 2444, no matter what the serial tag says Smile

ETD66SS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So today I added ~4.75 gallons of oil and still 7" away from the fill plug.

I cycled the loader and bucket for about 5 minutes each, and there is no change. Still foamy oil and jerky operation. I'll add the last it of oil this weekend and run the hydraulics a lot more and see if it changes.

JimB2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Re Repeating, No problem, I am no expert either as we did not see many 2444s in my part of Canada, the Case backhoe loader tractors were the most popular Industrial tractor.
Your Dad's 444 would appear to be a hybrid, serial tag from 444, front axle from 2444. Over the last 50 years almost anything could happen to a tractor. Front end replaced or torque tube replaced?

DirtEmpire
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to find IH 2000 loader spare parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, I suppose you might have the same problem I'm here for. Probably 20 years ago and a few 100 tons worth of loading ago, when my parents first purchased the now red, previously yellow, probably 2444 I have now, we were told the splines for the front pump shaft were worn. Recently the loader started working intermittently and pretty quickly started squalling more than anything else.

The crank hub/adapter is now worn nearly smooth and the spline shaft is missing quite a bit of material in an odd pattern.

I've not yet found a source for either of these parts. The hub that bolts to the crankshaft (or pulley? I didn't look that close) has 4 bolts but the pattern is not square, it's rectangular. I'm nervous it might be rare.

Unless there's an easy source for the parts I'm probably going to go after them both with a cut-off wheel and buzz on a suitable shaft and coupling pair.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters