Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Need help with John Deere 410c hydraulics stopped working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mhapp
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Need help with John Deere 410c hydraulics stopped working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So a buddy of mine uses a John Deere 410c to crush cars with and scrap them, long story short I use it to crush cars as well and ended up getting it stuck not exactly knowing what I was doing on the piece of equipment and was using the bucket and the arm to get it out and then the Hydraulics became weak and then stopped working pretty much all together and barely has enough strength to lift the arms up and not enough to raise the bucket. Could it be the pressure control valve on the transmission? I'm completely clueless in the subject and any help would be great.

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with John Deere 410c hydraulics stopped workin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It could be a number of things. It could be a valve as you mentioned. The pump drive coupling could be failing, but likely that would quit all together. Did anything get bent or otherwise damaged on the underside while you were stuck and getting it out? Plugged screen or filter. Does he have the manuals so you can follow the diagnostic trouble shooting? Do you have any hydraulic test gauges, or access to any?

JDEM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with John Deere 410c hydraulics stopped workin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I doubt it has anything to do with a transmission valve. Did you lose the hydraulics instantly or slowly over time?

The bulk of the hydraulic system for the loader is a dual-pump mounted in front of the engine. It has a pressure valve ON the pump that can
fail and cause you to lose all the hydraulics. That is where I would start looking for trouble IF it happened all of a sudden.

Mhapp
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with John Deere 410c hydraulics stopped workin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-JDEM wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:10:19 05/24/19) I doubt it has anything to do with a transmission valve. Did you lose the hydraulics instantly or slowly over time?

The bulk of the hydraulic system for the loader is a dual-pump mounted in front of the engine. It has a pressure valve ON the pump that can
fail and cause you to lose all the hydraulics. That is where I would start looking for trouble IF it happened all of a sudden.

They just got weak all of the sudden. It was also rigged to not touch the clutch, no one told me that. So I had the clutch depressed for a long time. I've ran alot of modern equipment but never anything like that. But the Hydraulics just became weak.

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with John Deere 410c hydraulics stopped workin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like something let go while you were struggling to escape,with the complicated hydraulics on that machine with priority valve,de-stroke valve and hydraulic pump charge pump get a JD mechanic to look at it for you.
AJ

lenray
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with John Deere 410c hydraulics stopped workin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On my JD 410 C I was working along and it had plenty of power--loaded about 30-- 10 yarders. Ran it into the pile again and no LIFT....Removed the big front hydraulic pump and took it to a well known shop for a tear down. Pump was done--2500.00---Hope your problem is not that bad. Len in michigan It went just that fast. Now it might have shown signs of weaker power, but I was not able to see that.....

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters