Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

A first for me, went to a chiropractor.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown Swiss
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had toe pain for 3 and a half years. Always walked on the side of my foot and was affecting my knee. My wife said to try so i did and wow in matter of minutes he had it loosened up and i could walk on it normal with no pain. Then he looked at me said open and shut your mouth, so i did and he pressed on my jaw some and goes this hurt. Yes i said. One side of your jaw is out of place he said, any dizzy spells. Yes i have what they call vertigo. That should fix that he goes. Then my spine was twisted also so he straightened it. All for 25 bucks, i am happy with it so far time will tell.

steve_in_mo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I go in for monthly maintenance. Keeps me more flexible and in less pain.

Beware of a chiropractor who wants to see you every week permanently,
You won't get to ride on the yacht he's buying....

jaoneill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like a good old fashioned bone bender. My old guy went west 30 years ago and I only just found another 'bout 5 years ago. Most of the new, younger crop are in it for the $ and don't fix anything; they put you on a table and leave you for 10 minutes with a tenderizer of one sort or another on your back while they set up another sucker or two. Pop back in, crack your neck to impress you with their "skill", then have you see the receptionist for another appointment. I've been to many, many, many of them and never bothered going back.

Dune Country
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

been through a few, If ya find a good one keep 'em, prefer a natropath (sp) myself

Stephen Newell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's been more than 50 years since I've been to a doctor that would actually help you. On the other hand every chiropractor I've been to has been worth the trip.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went to a chiropractor many years ago. He said he had to re-injure my neck in order for it to heal properly. To this day, I'm still a pain in the neck! Laughing

PaGlenn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have benefited from their manipulations.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I go to the chiropractor about every 4 to 6 weeks.

If I don't go, I get sciatic nerve issues down through hip and to the knee.
Also neck adjustments keep headaches away... otherwise I can end up with really terrible headaches that can last as long as 3 to 5 days.

We find chiropractic care to be very beneficial.

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Really good ones are hard to find . There is new and old school and the new ones are wuss stuff. No pain or hurt boo boos when they adjust you. I know of one very good guy but he is gettin older. Yes he has straightened me out from a bent over corkscrew to standing straight up with both legs the same length in about 20 minutes. So many people just screw up their backs and have no clue about a good chiropractor.

4play
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some still consider them quacks, they are not medical doctors and don't have a degree in medicine. I'm not saying they don't have education or certifications for what they do, but many people consider them to be on the same level as a Doctor and that far from true, especially for a Osteopathic Doctors.

If anyone is reluctant to using a Chiropractor, I suggest finding a DO ( Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine ) they are more likely to help with manipulations/adjustments than an MD, and have a lot more education than a Chiropractor.

Two Dogs
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"I've been to many, many, many of them and never bothered going back." ?????

jaoneill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Two Dogs wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:54:14 06/12/19) "I've been to many, many, many of them and never bothered going back." ?????

I was referencing the "new school" cash hungry bunch who do nothing but schedule you to come back weekly. I swear by the "old school" type of bone bender who can, and will, work wonders. I took me 25 years to find another old school practitioner when my guy died many moons ago.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They have kept me going for 45 years And at that time if it was not for the chiorapractor and continued with the MD I would have lost all use of my arms the 45 years ago.

Cmore
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And you go once a month? Just a smaller yacht I guess?..

T in NE
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: A first for me, went to a chiropractor. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've been to a few good ones, even fixed my carpal tunnel. And some worthless ones. I've got a good one now. First couple visits she about had to jump on my back to get a couple vertebrae to move that hadn't in years. Found my top rib out was causing a shocking type pain on my shoulder blade, and weakness in my hands, especially thumbs. Hips being out of whack cause knee pain.

Most I've gone to, tell them I need hooked up to TENS with heat before adjusting, and I wouldn't even see the machine. Then the tight muscles would pull everything right back out, usually causing a headache.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters