Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I posted this tractor a while ago on here, and had received a
lot of good answers. I am back to ask some more. This is an
IMT 579, a Massey repeat. I have never pulled a hydraulic
pump before.

Question 1, there is a spring coming out of the bottom of the
hydraulic pump. Any ideas what or why this might be here?
It?s located it the front right side, on the bottom.

Question 2, how do I get this shaft out, to pull the pump? It
has a ho/low slip gear in the front, and a carrier in the back.

JoshT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I added photos, but they didn?t show up

JoshT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The shaft

JoshT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Josht wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:19:15 06/28/19) The shaft

JoshT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

More pics

John Deere D
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Recently removed Hyd. pump from 1963 Massey Ferguson 35 X

Bob....

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I haven't worked on one of those but being similar to the MF35, I would remove the large cotter pin in your picture just in front of the large carrier at the rear of the shaft and then try to slide the shaft rearward, pulling it out of the high/low planetary. Once the shaft has collapsed rearward, pull the entire assembly forward off the pinion gear splines. It looks like you first would need to take off the left side cover to move the assembly.

The spring in the bottom may be from the control valve in the pump. There is a circlip that can pop out which releases the spring. Did the three point arms go up and not want to go down?

Dan

John Deere D
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mf 35

Bob...

JoshT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for the drawings, that will make this a lot simpler!!

JoshT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Ill be digging into it tomorrow evening.

JoshT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That looks almost the same. Thank you for the pictures!!

JoshT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You guys never disappoint. Thanks for all the info. Ill let you know what I find on Monday.

JoshT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic pump removal IMT/Massey Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How is the gear for the PTO held on? I am down to that point, just curious if it is a snap ring or set screws??

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Restoration and Repair Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters