Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Tire leaking.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbNga
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Tire leaking. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had similar situation on my '02 f250 two wheel drive on set of new Michelins bought from Sam's around 2014. We ended up repositioning tire on wheel and leak went away. I have aluminum/alloy wheels too.

Walter Buller
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Tire leaking. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wheels are steel. A couple of days ago I put 83# of pressure in that tire. Hasn't leaked since. Apparently the bead had somehow become unseated somewhere, although it could also be that the 12 pumps of Green Slime I put in it finally found the hole. I don't know, but for the time being at least the problem is solved. I once bought a tractor from the mesquite area of Texas. The previous owner had spent a good many hours bushhogging mesquite. He had filled the front tires with foam so they didn't leak, but each of the back tires had about a million thorns in it, and that is no exaggeration. The tire shop said it was hopeless because if they spent several hours with a small side grinder,cutting off all the thorns inside, the barbs would continue to migrate the thorns inward and puncture a new tube. So I put an entire gallon of Green Slime into each tire, aired up the tires, jacked the tractor off the shop floor, and spun the tires for several minutes. About a million tiny green drops appeared on the outside of each tire. They never again leaked. Made a believer out of me.

DoubleO7
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Tire leaking. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There might be or could have been a few grains of sand in one area of the bead.
Would not leak when off the truck and in a tank.
Would not leak when on the truck either.
Until parked with the tire valve up, down, left or right, etc.
Then it would leak down until it got to the "sweet spot" of psi and stop leaking.

Been there, done that.

Walter Buller
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Tire leaking. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Still don't know what the problem was, but apparently had something to do with the bead not seating. Ever since I put 84# of air in it, it has not
leaked.

rvirgil_KS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Tire leaking. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had a tire on a pickup one time with slow leak. Turned out to be a little plastic scan tag stuck on the bead that was not removed when tire was mounted

Walter Buller
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Tire leaking. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll check the bead when I next remove the tire from the rim. But it seems like there would be bubbles coming from the bead if it was leaking from there.

BIG PAPA ln L A
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Tire leaking. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Green slime is made to sell not use.

Walter Buller
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Tire leaking. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As long as I keep 80# of pressure in the tire it doesn't leak down. On the contrary to your response, I have had excellent results almost all the time from using green slime. My most memorable experience with it was concerning a tractor I bought from the mesquite country of Texas. The back tires each had thousands of thorns sticking through the tubeless tires. The air would leak out in just a few hours. I put a gallon of green slime into each tire and then aired them up and spun the tires for a few minutes while the tractor was jacked up off the ground. The result was thousands of tiny green wet dots appearing all over each tire. Neither tire ever leaked again.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters