Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Paid off my place!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

20 + years ago I paid off my house. 15 years ago, my youngest graduated college with no student debt because I paid for it, I paid off my last rental, I had zero debt and I decided to RETIRE.

That is definitely a good feeling having zero debt.

I've never lived in a city and never have plans to live in a city or a community with a HOA>

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's a good feeling to Burn mortgage papers....

bobfeather
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

last time i checked, the ones that owed money ended up in the same place as the ones that had money

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congratulations 🍾 🎊 .

Philip d
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congratulations!!! We paid off our place by selling off the cows and quota this spring. It?s a huge weight off ones shoulders.

Paul from MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congrats. I did it twice, last time in 1979, best feeling ever.

730virgil
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

party time ! hip hip hooray!

NEKS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In 1980 the banker called me and said the 120 acres next to you is for sale and we want 250 a acre. I had to say no because interest was around 12 percent and I had just been laid off. Today I get to look across the fence and watch someone else farm it.

hrRoss
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

good for you! we paid of everything nov 2008, right during recession. my idea was to take payments and put into retirement to build up more, BUT, we still had milk cows, university extention told all dairy farmers they were going to loose $1000 per cow that year. we skimmed by without bowering any money, sold cows 2yrs later, bought a couple rentals for cash flow

huntingreen2day2
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I financed my home my lending agency told me if I would split my monthly payment up and pay half of it at the first of the month and the other half on the payment due date I could reduce my 15 year note to 12 years. That is exactly what I did.

Ark68SS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congratulations! Very Happy Now start working on that retirement plan.
I know all about urban creep. When we bought our little 2 acres in 1976 we were 7 miles from the biggest city in the state. I'm still in the county, but the city limits and fancy neighborhoods are right across the highway.
BillL

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congratulations Morgan.
Was looking at the mtg statement just yesterday and noticed it's getting down there.
Have been Very faithful about paying quite a bit extra every month since the first payment - even when it hurt.
I'm guessing a little over a year to go.
Means I'll have paid off a 30 year in about 13 1/2.

r.w.b.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used to haul corn,wheat midds and soybean meal to tysons,georges and cargill in chickendale.just north of town was a nice big farm that grew real nice alfalfa.that was in 90 92 then growth ate that big farm.sad to say how huge it is now,cant hardly tell bentonville to fayetteville.
We quit going to the feed mills 10 years ago too easy to crassh too many illegals driving and that turn off 412 to tyson isnt truck friendly

Frank 41
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now you will be working for yourself instead of the bank.

W_B
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Paid off my place! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Butch(oh) wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:24:21 07/09/19) Financial adviser said it was worst thing we could do with our money,,.,

He is right if you take your savings/investments to pay it off. You might just need the cash, and real estate is not an especially liquid investment. We could pay ours off but we can still make the payments from retirement income. We might need those investments once inflation eats up that fixed income. Besides, if we live long enough it will get paid off naturally.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters