Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Massey 165 battery door latch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mogman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Massey 165 battery door latch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking for a source for the battery door latch on my MF165, I see lots of aftermarket doors with latches but all I need is the latch

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 165 battery door latch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you tried your AGCO dealer? The latch shows as a separate part in the 165 parts book.

mogman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 165 battery door latch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you tell me the part number?

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 165 battery door latch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to AGCO Parts Books dot com. Sign in using the button down by Guest User. On the next page enter 165 in the model box and select Massey Ferguson from the drop down in the manufacturer box. The search will bring up several different model catalogs, that have 165 somewhere in the title. Chose the 165 catalog and look in the instrument panel section for the battery door and parts. There are 4 drawings. It looks like all use 194783M2 latch. Confirm yourself that is the part you want. HTH

mogman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 165 battery door latch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks!

mogman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 165 battery door latch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GEE, $36 and some change for that little 3" spring latch, good thing MASSEY built a good tractor otherwise if I had to buy any SERIOUS parts from AGCO I would have to just junk it.

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 165 battery door latch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What can I say? No one else you found apparently had just the latch, from your post. You didn't want to buy a complete door with latch, from your post. AGCO had what you wanted. I know prices sometimes are more than we expect but we need to realize it costs manufacturers money to have these type items available. The aftermarket usually jumps on fast moving items and avoids the slow moving ones.

$36 is not a lot of money when I look at some of the parts I've had to purchase, and other parts I will need in the future. I certainly can't junk a good machine and replace it for the price of a part. JMHO

mogman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 165 battery door latch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well even $36.00 ea. could not save the latch, I had heard nothing from the dealer so I went by today and was told they are NLA.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters