Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Fence Charger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kansas4010
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Fence Charger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a couple Zareba brand solar chargers that I bought at TSC. They've been ok so far. I noticed that TSC stopped selling that brand around here anyway. I did buy one at Menards as well. It was a special order item but it was cheaper than tsc when they had Zarebas and I got the 11% rebate. Cousin ordered a solar charger from Valley Vet and really likes it. I just can't remember the brand he bought right now though.

Kansas4010
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Fence Charger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just looked at Valley Vets website and it's the Magnum Solar Pac 12. It's $300 but he really likes it. When my Zarebas die I might look into one of them.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Fence Charger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Used these for 25 years and they are tough still have the one me and my grandpa bought in the 90s and I bought another one . Never tried the 12 volt ones the 6 volt will shoot a spark a 1/4 inch wide on the end of a mile and half of fence

Untitled URL Link

Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Fence Charger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put him onto a Zareba since Kansas had good luck with them. TSC doesn't carry them but Amazon does and he can have it tomorrow.

Thanks.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Fence Charger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good deal hopefully it lasts a long time

Rusty2N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fence Charger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

X2!!! And after being bit buy a 6 volter I have no desire to come anywheres near a 12 volter!!!

john *.?-!.* cub owner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Fence Charger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One thing I have learned is that the 12 volt solar chargers put out quite a bit hotter spark than the 6 volt ones, but of course the are also quite a bit higher.

The Famous Grouse
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Fence Charger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Find a way to lock up and secure those chargers, boys, or they'll disappear. Don't care where you live, the tweakers/meth-heads have figured out those chargers are $100 bills hanging on posts.

I'm a food plot seed dealer and this year the number of customer complaints about stolen fence chargers has exploded in my territory of MN, WI, SD, ND, MI.

Obviously, word has gone around that any electric fence that doesn't end at the barn has a nice payday attached to one end for the tweaker looking for a quick fix. They must just cruise the back roads looking for them and then come back and night and nail 3-4 of them a night.

Several of my customers this summer have mentioned they had units nabbed in WI and SE MN this year or last year. Aparently, out on the net somebody has plans for how to make the units harder to steal by putting them up a pole and then spking the pole with "bear boards" so it can't be climed and can't be cut down with a chainsaw.

Just a warning to watch out.

Grouse

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters