Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

A6-PTO swap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: A6-PTO swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good evening folks,

I am looking to swap our VE4 Wisconsin out for a PTO unit. I have a line on a parts model 55 with PTO but would like your input on if it is the same PTO unit as an A6. Or, if anyone knows of a A6 parts unit with PTO I would be interested in hearing about it. Thank you.

connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: A6-PTO swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a video of the A6 running for those interested I didn't edit it so you may want to fast forward unless you want to watch us fire up the engine:

tomturkey
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: A6-PTO swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have any idea how your yields were? Also, it appeared (to me) that the header was set pretty high leaving a six to eight inch stubble. Right or wrong? If one were going to bale up straw wouldn't you set the header down lower? Just the dumb questions a never was farmer type might ask. I enjoyed the video. Thank you for posting. Also thank you for keeping history alive by making the A6 Case combine live again. gobble ps did you pick up another combine Saturday????

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: A6-PTO swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I have the gearbox from one stashed away somewhere. A scrap guy got away with the rest of it. Have not stumbled across it in a few years. You will need a tractor with a slow low gear to use it. We picked up 12 foot windrows with it back in the early 70's. 800 worked well.

connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: A6-PTO swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom, We have not been keeping track of the yields so far. It has been a struggle keeping that pig of a V4 going long enough to make at least 2 passes. I would say we have gotten 2 full grain tanks worth of Rye or about 48bu total. We are keeping the header as high as possible to reduce the amount of plant going through the machine. Since the seeds are at the top we don't need all the extra bogging the already reluctant engine down. We are wind-rowing what we do thresh and have been baling it as we go.

We did pick up another combine yesterday. Word around the Case watering hole travels fast! It is a PTO model 75 that is in fairly good condition. It will be going to fellow club members to repair and use.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters