Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn F.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject: 1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A friend of mine is considering buying the above tractor. Tires are very good. Sheet metal looks good. Assuming field ready condition, what would you say it's worth? Guy is asking $3500.

Thanks,
Glenn F.

Glenn F.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tractor has wide front & rear wheel weights. Tractor and friend are 325 miles from me.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: 1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In this area $3500 would be an average price for the tractor you describe.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: 1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds about right from available information if no obvious issues.

Add $500 if rear weights are pie weights and complete.

Add another $250 if equipped with a remote valve (not a diverter valve).

Dean

sunbeam
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Little pricey if it does not have live PTO

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: 1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a 850 sometime back with power steering it took quite awhile to get $2200 out of it.

All worked well except the power steering was weak, the engine had just been rebuilt. I had to replace the rear main seal so no doubt it had been rebuilt it looked new inside when i dropped the pan.

I gave 2200 for it all I wanted was the wheel weights, I had to put a rear main seal, replace a cracked hydraulic manifold at the pump and a exhaust manifold... I got a nice set of wheel weights out of the deal Smile they just don't show up in my neck of the woods...

$3500 is to much in my opinion...

pomester
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: 1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Glenn F. wrote:
Assuming field ready condition

Big assumption -

If it's an 860 (5 speed w/live PTO) and it truly needs little/nothing then I'd judge it a good value - if it's otherwise I'd pass and keep looking -

RobCons
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Little high for around here. Similar tractors sit on the market awhile in the $2000-$2500 range. Around here to get that price it would have a couple of implements with it.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: 1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Missed "800." Read "860."

Comments above assume 860.

Dean

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: 1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Same here Dean - I read 860.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I read 850 WTF...

Tom in Mo.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1956 Ford 800 Approximate Value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Too high for these parts. My 860 was bought at auction with a fresh rebuilt engine, new tires front and back, fresh battery, etc. $2650.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters