Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Using compressed air to store energy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Indiana Ken wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:50:02 08/11/19)
DoubleO7 wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:59:30 08/11/19) The cost of the power to pump the water into the reservoir is not cheaper at night. Not cheaper at anytime around the clock.

It is pumped at night because that is when the demand for power is low so as not overload the power source.

Growing up we had a large water heater in the basement. I remember it sat on the floor and dang well reached to the ceiling. It had a locked box on the side of it that the electric company set the on and off times. During the off time it was not available to heat water. I was told we got a lower rate on power since we used less electricity during the day and more at night. It did not matter to us since it was so large and we always had hot water. It was my understanding it was all about keeping their base generating units operating at peak efficiency. The base units were able to generate electric power at a low cost.

In the case of solar or wind power the economics are likely different. Perhaps at peak power or peak wind you have more power than markets to sell it. Therefore the need for storage. Or the market may pay more for constant power regardless of sun or wind , in that case you need storage to play in the market place.
This has gotten pretty far off topic, but the more I read, the more it sounds like a scheme to separate tax payer from their money. Don't ever expect to see this happen.

JDEM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The air-storage thing sort of made sense when I read about it 30 years ago in the Netherlands. They were producing their own wind energy for
half the year. But for the other half, no wind and they had to buy very high priced electricity from Germany. So, their plan was to harness
more wind energy when the wind was good and use it to make electricity when the wind stopped. I have no idea how it ever worked out in the
end. At least they had a plan that almost made sense.

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not really. That is just one of many demonstrations he has.

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You sure are 100% right, but you can convert mass into energy E=MC2 by manipulating a DC voltage into a large coil of wire that is magnetically coupled to a permanent magnet that rotates like a motor. As the magnet rotates past the windings, the magnetic field is cut & energy is produced , plus the torque also produces energy. His machines also produce a radio frequency which is not even measured. Why don't you study his circuitry & find how it is flawed so you can improve on it to get more out from less input? We need solid state switches that can handle thousands of volts instead of brushes on a crude hand built commutator.

Terry G
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those who don't believe in physics are still rigidly bound by its law.

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Teddy, I'm not going to respond any further since this has nothing to do with the original post and I don't want to encourage your latest relapse. Up until now you've been on good behavior for several years.

But if you feel compelled keep discussing Mr. Newman's perpetual motion machine, start a new post on Tractor Tales and we can talk thermodynamics 'til the cows come home. T. Tales is not indexed by search engines, so our hosts won't have to worry about YT being tagged as a home for crackpots.

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fair enough, as I can tell you don't have a clue as to what he did.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-teddy52food wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:54:06 08/12/19) Fair enough, as I can tell you don't have a clue as to what he did.

I don't either. But I also don't want to spend a week researching it.

You made a pretty bold statement earlier; "put out around 7000 times the input". Yet when asked, you never did say where that information could be found.

It "sounds" to me so far like he is trying to take advantage of EM fields, among other things -- that rather than generate electricity at a specific voltage or frequency, that he's trying to utilize all voltages and frequencies. Is this incorrect? If so, tell me where to look to learn more.

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

https://fringeenergy.com/full-disclosure-the-joseph-newman-motor-is-back-better-than-ever/ You may find
this interesting. Please E mail me . Thanks.

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?
q=Joe+Newmans+Big+Eureka&view=detail&mid=2F89E1CC7492511B73592F89E1CC7492511B7359&FORM=VIRE Just past the
21 minute mark.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Teddy. Will check it out when things slow down later, hopefully this evening.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

(quoted from post at 13:45:46 08/12/19) https://www.bing.com/videos/search?
q=Joe+Newmans+Big+Eureka&view=detail&mid=2F89E1CC7492511B73592F89E1CC7492511B7359&FORM=VIRE Just past the
21 minute mark.

If those "engine" worked . Why does the military still use nuclear reactors ?

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

(quoted from post at 10:15:37 08/12/19) Please E mail me . Thanks.

Can you open your email please? Otherwise, mine is open in Modern View.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

kcm.MN
My email is open

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Using compressed air to store energy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine is open in classic view.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters