Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Any UPS Drivers On Here?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When my dad delivered newspapers in town
with a bicycle many years ago before leash laws he carried a squirt gun full of ammonia.

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The UPS drivers union asked for A/C in the contract.
Company said fine and wrote a contract that reflected reduced driver pay and trucks with A/C.
The drivers chose the contract with more pay and no A/C.

dr sportster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My neighbor was a UPS 18 wheel driver .He took the truck home to use his bathroom and parked the wrong way . Somebody came around the corner and hit him . He was fired for having the truck at his house . He told me they fired him because a lift gate fell on his foot But in the gas station I got the true story . Teamsters got him some other trucker job . Not UPS.

pinball
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have no idea but my small dog just goes nuts when ups backs into the drive way. he wouldn't bite anyone but sure barks loud at them.

Rich'sToys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IO think the stuff they gave me to carry when I had my mail route was called Halts. Dogs didn't care for it. Never got bit in over 21 years, but did get the sleeve of my jacket grabbed once.

Steve Neul
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My son went to work for Fedex and didn't last until the probationary period was over. They paid him a salary and gave him so many stops each day he was out 14 to 16 hours a day. Then they tried to have him deliver hazardous material which he wasn't licensed for and was given an option to deliver it or quit.

Two Dogs
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I worked for the municipal natural gas utility I had more than one mouthy dog run smack dab
into the 12 inch crescent wrench I always carried to turn meters on and off. TDF

stonerock
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my lane is a mile amd a half long, UPS wont come down my lane, leave packages at the mail box

Sprint 6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If he has been bitten by a dog, he needs to sue the owner. Friend of mine had a dog that liked to nip. Not bite, just nip your ankles. Their dog nipped their water meter reader enough to leave a spot on his ankle. ER took pics, he sued, won a $25K settlement with their insurance. I have no use for mean dogs.

bcdave
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I worked for a utility, when we had to read meters or change meters, we carried dog cookies. I never saw a dog that didn't respond to food.
Every vehicle we have is equipped with a can of hornet spray and we have other family doing the same. I hate wasps!!!!
Dave

PJH
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim, I was a paperboy when I was in school. A guy had a dog that had bitten me four times, and had tried many more. I had to go by his house to deliver to other houses. My leg was getting raw and Mom was tired of mending my jeans so she picked up a water pistol for me. She told me to mix 50/50 water and ammonia, but I put in straight ammonia. That dog had all four feet clawing in his face after I shot him, and I thought I was gonna have to shoot the owner too. From that day forth, all I had to do was point one finger at that dog and he'd run yelping to the house.

Crazy Horse
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't envy any delivery person who has to deal with nasty dogs. There are more dogs than ever it seems these days, a lot of couples have dogs instead of kids ..... all kinds of advantages, they don't go to college and they only last about ten years. And of course having a matched pair to strut around the neighborhood with is ultra cool. UPS drivers up here are "different" than most truck drivers, it can be -25 degrees in the dead of winter and they ALL (and I mean ALL, I'm not exaggerating) wear summer shorts and the bare legs that go with it. Never could figure that out.

r.w.b.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tell your son buy few large cans starting fluid,dogs dont like that

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of my cousins worked for local fuel and heating company. He had to do a routine cleaning/service on an oil boiler and the customer had a snotty little dog that was notorious for running under vehicles and biting ankles when someone put their leg down to get out. He pulled into the yard and armed himself with a pipe wrench. Van door opened, Dog bit, wrench swung----Dog dead. OOPS.--------Loren

mj
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Any UPS Drivers On Here? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-1206SWMO wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:39:52 08/13/19) Our son just finished his 30 day probationary period and is now a full time UPS driver in Kansas City,MO..Before this he delivered for Amazon for 4 months and liked it...He knew several UPS drivers and they helped him get on rather quickly..His number one problem is trying to deliver to people that won't control their mean dogs..He got bit while driving for Amazon...He was the third person bit by this dog....UPS trucks aren't real fast and about every day he gets yelled at and has the finger given to him..He just yells back have a nice day..

I retired from UPS after 25 years.........GREAT retirement, we carried broken ski poles that we salvaged from shops jn Telluride, they work good for dogs.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters