Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

J.D. 400 Lawn tractors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iamaxxer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject: J.D. 400 Lawn tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 2 John Deere lawn tractors. One is a 1975 and the other is a 1980.
One tractor has a Cozy cab on it weights and chains with a J.D. snow thrower.
Other tractor is set up with lug tires, 3 point, pto, and a J.D. tiller.
Both tractors ran when parked 2 years ago and I'm pretty confident that it won't take much to get them running.
Question is ...I there any collector value to these tractors? Seems like everywhere You look you don't see squat about the 400 tractor.. Do I sell part out and sell or restore and enjoy?

timcasbolt
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: J.D. 400 Lawn tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Iamaxxer wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:59:12 09/10/19) I have 2 John Deere lawn tractors. One is a 1975 and the other is a 1980.
One tractor has a Cozy cab on it weights and chains with a J.D. snow thrower.
Other tractor is set up with lug tires, 3 point, pto, and a J.D. tiller.
Both tractors ran when parked 2 years ago and I'm pretty confident that it won't take much to get them running.
Question is ...I there any collector value to these tractors? Seems like everywhere You look you don't see squat about the 400 tractor.. Do I sell part out and sell or restore and enjoy?

I've heard they are quite collectable, but I'm not an authority on the subject. You might try weekendfreedommachines.com to see if you can learn more there.

4wdtom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: J.D. 400 Lawn tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two years isn't that long not to run unless they were out in the weather. I would consider them to be runable machines. Maybe the gas is bad and has gummed up the
carburetor though. I wouldn't even think of parting them out unless it turns out there is something major wrong with them.

kencombs
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: J.D. 400 Lawn tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

good suggestion. The 400 is very collectible and a good user. It's only flaw is the lack attachments as they are specific to the 400. On the other hand the older 2xx and 3xx machines have a lot of interchangeability with decks, front blades etc.

oldsarge
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: J.D. 400 Lawn tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Them hain't collectors,them's workers!!!!

ztrmowers
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: J.D. 400 Lawn tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sounds me like YOU need to decide sell them and life goes on or monkey with them and keep. ME I would sell, their is way better units out their today

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters