Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

best way to look for tractor transport

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OllieDoug
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: best way to look for tractor transport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I may be in need of transporting an 8000 lb tractor from Ontario Idaho to Olympia Washington. Are there sites where one can go to submit their tranport need? That is, put in the tractor type/wt., the pick-up and drop-off locations, and the time frame, and then have folks contact me with quotes? Any information would be helpful, as I've never had to do this before. Thanks!

Patsdeere
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: best way to look for tractor transport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Uship, there is a hauling board on this site, reach out to a broker.

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: best way to look for tractor transport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Uship and Fr8star, but a word of caution about both. Try to deal with owner/operators, NOT "brokers" because you're liable to have a guy show up with a totally inappropriate rig, like an Econoline van and a car hauler. The brokers are yet another middleman in between you and the hauler and are usually out to shaft both you and the hauler.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: best way to look for tractor transport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BarnyardEngineering wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:41:27 09/11/19) Uship and Fr8star, but a word of caution about both. Try to deal with owner/operators, NOT "brokers" because you're liable to have a guy show up with a totally inappropriate rig, like an Econoline van and a car hauler. The brokers are yet another middleman in between you and the hauler and are usually out to shaft both you and the hauler.

Barnyard, brokers are usually out to make a good living by building up a lot of repeat business by providing good service to both haulers and consigners and relying to a great degree on word of mouth advertising. If there has ever been one that was out to shaft all customers, He would not have been in business long enough to hurt but a very few people. Have you ever been in business yourself?

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: best way to look for tractor transport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

showcrop wrote:
Barnyard, brokers are usually out to make a good living by building up a lot of repeat business by providing good service to both haulers and consigners and relying to a great degree on word of mouth advertising. If there has ever been one that was out to shaft all customers, He would not have been in business long enough to hurt but a very few people. Have you ever been in business yourself?

I've tried to ship three tractors with U-ship, and every time without fail the "brokers" would either give me a ridiculously high or a ridiculously low bid, demanded IMMEDIATE responses, and just gave me an overall shifty vibe in their communications. Common response was "we have a driver in your area ready for immediate pickup."

The way it seems to me, they're just answering every request for a quote without regard to what or where, just trying to hook as many people as possible. They don't care about repeat business. There's plenty of first-time business out there.

I've seen the guys they send. I have nothing against immigrants but if you are dealing with English-speaking customers you have to make an effort. There's always some reason why they can't haul your load without more $$$, and they know they've got you over a barrel. All this is through their translator, the broker, over the phone. I won't even get into the equipment...

On the other hand, both of the owner/operators I've dealt with have been true to their word, professional, did what they said they were going to do, when they said they were going to do it, for the price they quoted. I've done repeat business with one hauler, and would gladly do repeat business with either going into the future.

OllieDoug
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: best way to look for tractor transport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks - good advice ( and caution).

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters