Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
a.bourbon@comcast.net
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1963 MF 204 with bucket loader has blown hydraulic hose. No one in my area has the fitting to repair it. The connector is a 90 degree 1/2 inch tube with an o ring. Anyone know where to get this fitting?
On a complete hose?

Phil Tibbetts
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think what you have is a 7/8x14 ORB fitting which is a straight fitting that seals with the o-ring instead of a tapered pipe thread. A
fitting should be readily available at any hydraulic shop. you can also buy an adapter to go from 7/8 ORB TO 1/2 NPT ON FLEA BAY.

a.bourbon@comcast.net
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is some pictures of what the fitting looks like. Anyone know where I can get this or what it is called?

a.bourbon@comcast.net
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a picture of a fitting that maybe could work in place of the other one. It looks like a pipe thread with a 90 degree connection. Anyone know what this is called?

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 90 degree adapters between your hose and the valve body are 90 degree NPT adapters, male NPT pipe with a female NPT swivel. The hose end appears to be male NPT. You would need to determine the actual size. They look like they might be 3/8" or 1/2" NPT.

Where does this hose go? The end in your first photo looks like one I would expect to see on power steering, or a transmission cooling line. Is that an actual O-ring (does not look like it to me)? It looks like the tube was formed to make that shape for sealing. If that is the case you may need to go to MF for it or find a hydraulic shop that can put that end on a hose fitting. Just my thoughts.

a.bourbon@comcast.net
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The photo that shows the 90 degree bent tubing has an o ring that fits over the short end and butts up against the rounded flair piece.

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where does this hose go? The 90 degree O-ring end attaches to what/where? And the other end goes to what/where? The hose may be in the parts book but knowing which one and where it is are required to look for it. Photos of where it came from?

a.bourbon@comcast.net
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The end of the hose with the 90 degree tube with the o ring goes to the loader control unit like the second picture but with this connector. The other end goes to a steel tube running along the lift arms to the cylinders. I have parts book for the tractor but it does not show any parts for the loader attachment or hoses.

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The loader should have a tag on it with the loader model number and serial number. It will have a separate parts catalog.

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If that is the type fitting on both ends of the hose the adapters will not work, you need those ends.

If the loader is a Massey Ferguson the model 99 and model 102 were common on those I believe.

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

An early 99 has a hose, going between the valve and bucket cylinder steel tubes on the loader frame, that looks like it might be similar to what you have. Part number 705109M91. You would need to check it out with a Massey Ferguson/AGCO dealer as far as what it has for ends, diameter and length.

a.bourbon@comcast.net
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Jim.ME
I Found online a MF 200 loader parts list and retrieved a part number (705 441 M91) for the hydraulic hose I need. Called a MF dealer near me and they are looking to see if there are any in stock. If that does not work out I think I will take a swivel female connector and braze it to the tube section that goes into the control
unit.

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would braze a straight hydraulic pipe coupling to the old end, then you can have a hose with a pipe fitting end on it to screw into the side of the coupling you didn't braze to. What ever you use get real steel hydraulic components. I hate to see hardware store fittings on the pressure side of hydraulic systems. Most are only rated for 150 psi working pressure. They are an accident waiting to happen at 1000 psi plus. Yes some hold, but I have seen some split as well.

Some hydraulic shops have hose fitting stems that ends like yours can be brazed/welded to, then are assembled by attaching to the hose with a crimp ferrule. Below is a sample from a Gates catalog in the Power Crimp section. Different suppliers may have similar depending on the hose brand/system used.

greasyBob
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I ordered mine from SURPLUS CENTER

Control valve hoses and fittings with part numbers

Control valve to loader Hydraulic hose
941-2224, 1/2" X 24" JIC 10F X JIC 10F 4000 PSI HYD HOSE $ 14.95ea

Control valve to hose need this Swivel and Elbow
9-6402-10-10, SAE 10M x JIC 10F SWIVEL $ 3.40 ea
9-2500-10-10, JIC 10M x JIC 10M 90 ELBOW $ 3.45 ea

Hydraulic hose to metal pipe on loader frame need this Union
9-2403-10-10, JIC 10M x JIC 10M UNION $ 2.45 ea

Hope you find this helpful.

Usedtobeiowadave
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 204 loader needs hydraulic hose repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine's a model 200 loader. Needed the same
hose. Thompk
ins Industries in Des Moines built me one
10 years ago after ordering the fittings
from who knows where.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters