Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

massey 30 industrial backhoe

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinball
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

so with some help here I got the rear wheel off this massey backhoe. was hoping I wouldn't have to use the rear weight but it seems it wont go on with out it. wasn't to bad of a job. on the right side of the transmission there is a dip stick. I am assuming its to check the level in the torque converter. there is also a like slide bar that I have no clue what it is for. there looks to be a 3/4 inch plug on top to the left side that maybe you add fluid there. is this correct and what type of fluid do you use. trying to get all my oil levels correct before I try to start it. I have two what I call shifting levers and no clutch so I am assuming the tall lever is the hi-lo but what does the short one do. I am pretty sure its a mf 30 but not positive. I contacted to dealers with no help at all except they did tell me thee 9a prefix wasn't used until 1974. the loader is a model 34 and the backhoe is a 54 which coincides with the Massey furgenson industrial motor. sure wished I knew where one was close so I could take a look at it. once I get the oil levels figured out then I will try to get it running. all help is appreciated. email is open thank norm

MKinON
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are right about the dipstick at your right heel. It's the trans oil level. The trans, rear end and 3pt oil all share the same oil, filled through that plug at the left of the levers. The slider controls the drop rate of the 3pt. The right shifter (shorter) is forward for low range, back for high range, the left shifter is forward for first, back for second. I think from memory of photo, you have the tractor and loader models right and I think it is slightly newer than 74. MK

pinball
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that's good to know/ the only thing I did get from the dealers is the 9a wasn't used until 1974. the model numbers on the loader and back hoe are listed as going onto a model 30 industrial tractor . been looking for a manual but apparently they made the model 30 tractor before this one. just don't want to buy a manual I really cant use. anyway thanks for the info. maybe I will find some one who has this tractor not to far from me so I can look at it. have a good day.

MKinON
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Post a picture of the front casting and dash. What engine is in it? Oils in the rear, planetaries, steering and loader will call for Permatran TDH fluid. Probably same for the hoe. I have both a 40 and a 30. Both of mine are the same frame/class size, but the 30 is newer. Both are Perkins 3.152s, 40 is gas, 30 is diesel. The manual for the tractor will likely be the same for all, parts book will differ. It's the loader and hoe that will be really important, since the cylinder, control valves and filter housing details may differ through the serial number run, when needing parts.

pinball
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

are you close to central Missouri by any chance. I have some things missing and would like to look at yours to give me an idea. my 30 apparently is around 1975. thanks norm

pinball
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the perkins gas motor.

MKinON
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry, no. Toronto Ontario Canada area. What would you like to see? Perhaps a pic would do.

Danielfire50
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

http://www.tractorlinks.com/cgi-bin/frameit.cgi?url=http://web.archive.org/web/20071118184057/http://hometown.aol.com/bigdean62
This web page might help you identify your tractor
Untitled URL Link

Danielfire50
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

At the bottom of the page there is a link to his industrial Massey page.

pinball
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that wont work. I know I am missing the gas tank and probably brackets for it and missing the hood. I haven't got it running yet. just want to make sure I have oil where it is suppose to b before I try. put new oil in motor. will check the hyd oil today. my loader has the tag. model 34 and the backhoe has the tag. model 54 so according to the net they go with the 30 industrial tractor. it has no pto so im guessing it came out this way from the factory. the loader and backhoe apparently are run off of a front mounted hydraulic pump. the loader frame contains the oil for the loader and backhoe. although I haven't figure out how to check the level in it. there is a breather cap on top of the frame. it does have what looks like a hydraulic filter on the side of the frame. took the right rear rim off and took it to my tire guy. rim has to b straightened out some. I think they must have pulled this thing clear across the country on a flat tire which was completely destroyed. I have a tire and tube so hopefully my tire guy can make it work. parts around here for masseys is almost impossible to find. thanks for the help to let me understand more about this project,

Jim.ME
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you removed the breather and checked to see if there is a dipstick hanging from it? On the 34A loader the breather cap had a dipstick attached to it, it is possible the 34 did as well. I came across a post on another site that said their 34 dipstick hung from the breather on a small bead chain.

MKinON
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty sure the tank is the same as 135 or others of that era and size. Ours is same as our 40, is same as our 135. There would be a u shaped bracket (IIRC) sitting on it's side on front of head with two spring-loaded carriage bolts and I think rubber cushion washers on top side of bracket. Tank has a slotted bracket that slips under the heads and then two bolts at back of tank sit on frame in front of battery. This site sells tanks, if not used from a wrecker. That loader and probably hoe also came on other models. Take out loader breather, fitting and all and should be a dipstick hanging from it to check oil level. May be in tank or otherwise missing. Full is about 18" down from top of frame. Would be a cartridge in filter housing, probably available through Napa, Lots of those TLB have no 3pt or PTO. If you go to https://na.apb.agcocorp.com/ you view the books as a guest. Look up under model, you can see how things go together, etc. From what I understand, your biggest problem could be if hoe swing motor is defective, otherwise the rest is all doable. These old machines, though mostly abused and worn, were extremely well built to survive lots of hard, heavy work.

pinball
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

haven't pulled that but will tomorrow. thanks norm

pinball
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I took my left rear to get a new tire put on and straighten out the rim. looks like they pulled this thing clear across the country on a flat tire. hopefully my tire guy can get it fixed. put a new switch in it yesterday. wired up the starter. turned her over. oil pressure came up to 40 so I was happy about that. I drained the radiator and put some new antifreeze in it. looks as though there is something on the carb with a wire going to it. I suppose its a fuel shutoff valve. as soon as I get my tire back on I am going to attempt to start it. just hope it starts okay and tractor doesn't take off. found that site for parts diaghrams so thanks for that as that should help a lot. ill have more questions but I want to thank you all or responding. it sure helps. norm

cdhunter
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: massey 30 industrial backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I replaced the fuel tank on my 30B with a tank I ordered on this site. Aside from the location of the fuel return line everything fit great.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters