Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Bond arms derringer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoBite
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Bond arms derringer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We live in an amazing time for handgun selection! So many good choices and quality manufacturers. I may or may not have concealed carried for quite some time. It s nobody s damn business. But, here s a couple of considerations. Regarding ammo capacity, don t assume you can predict the kind of situation you may find yourself in. One aggressor, or one with buddies? Sure, you can research statistics till the cows come home, but your problem may not be typical. Regarding 1911-platform versus striker fired versus DA/SA, manual safeties vs none, this can all be summed up this way: it s a training issue! There are folks proficient with all variations of hardware. Pick something that feels good in your hand. Preferably, shoot it first to see if it suits your eye. (Many ranges and some gun stores have guns you can rent to shoot to see how you like them.) Make your selection and then GET TRAINING and PRACTICE REGULARLY. Even once a month will put you ahead of most folks. And, don t go cheap on your training! A CCW class is kindergarten. When you re scared spitless, your training (or lack of) will kick in. Don t get too caught up in the caliber discussion! (All pistols are limited in effectiveness compared to rifles.) No one wants to leak! Several well-placed shots with a .22 beats a poke with a sharp stick if all you have is a .22. Get a gun you feel comfortable with and practice. A good general rule of thumb for a defensive pistol would be the largest size you can conceal (be honest with yourself!), with the most capacity. The tiny guns are all the rage. They are also the hardest to shoot accurately. Everything is a trade off. Good luck! And you ve already taken the most important step, deciding to be responsible for your own safety.

Married2Allis
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Bond arms derringer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I had to work in those kinds of places at night, I'd certainly be carrying something permit or not. I doubt if those seedy characters have one.

With a concealed carry permit comes great responsibility. I used to carpool with someone who was retired Air Force. He kept a 1911 under the front seat of his big Chrysler. He also had a temper.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Bond arms derringer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe this was already addressed, but the shot from a .410, fired through a very short barrel, is really not very effective. The shot pattern opens too quickly. At under 10 yards, it would probably get the job done, but much further than that and only a few of the pellets would actually hit the intended target. Not nearly enough to stop the bad guy.

4wdtom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Bond arms derringer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would think if the threat was more than 10 yards away it wouldn't be much of a threat and you would be retreating instead of firing.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bond arms derringer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-4wdtom wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:54:11 10/09/19) I would think if the threat was more than 10 yards away it wouldn't be much of a threat and you would be retreating instead of firing.

Unless the threat was armed.

GeneSC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Bond arms derringer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-4wdtom wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:54:11 10/09/19) I would think if the threat was more than 10 yards away it wouldn't be much of a threat and you would be retreating instead of firing.

Nothing in SC rules says I have to retreat. and I WONT!!

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Bond arms derringer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its hard to find a gun you can tote concealed comfortable... I like this one the only problem I have with it is you will forget its in your pocket.. It has a pocket clip totes well... One morning I don't know why I put it in my shirt pocket when I went to the dentist about the time the gal was stating to clean my teeth I said wait a min let me put this in my pants pocket. I just had ex-rays for a kidney stone it dawned on me I had this in my pants pocket lucky for me the gal said you have a zipper slip your pants down : )...

https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-22ms-hg/

I have a small 380 super ultra-lite even its not comfortable... Unlike TV a winner and a loser is picked real fast....

I have 380, 9MM, 40's, 45's, revolvers they just don't tote well I always go back to the 22 mag...

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters