Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Couple of Nice Days

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rusty6
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Couple of Nice Days Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sunday and Monday great. Maybe Saturday too but I can't remember. Got my last load of hay hauled home. Its a ten mile round trip on open tractor so I need to finish before winter. Then I went and tried swathing the almost hundred percent hailed out oats. Mud and water in every low spot and it was just a matter of time before I got stuck.
Monday the canola swaths were dry enough and I harvested my first field of canola. Today started damp and went downhill. Light rain turning to snow in the afternoon. Heading below freezing tonight so I guess the machinery gets a rest for a few more days. A late harvest gets later.

Determined
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Couple of Nice Days Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just finished bailing straw yesterday, strong wind and temp right at freezing, minus 6c this morning.

I have 20+ loads to haul about the same distance but I use a 3-ton with a rack on it so I have a cab and heater to keep my toes toasty.

If you ever get those oats cut are you planning to combine, bale or swath graze them?

rusty6
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Couple of Nice Days Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Determined wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:33:31 10/09/19) I just finished bailing straw yesterday, strong wind and temp right at freezing, minus 6c this morning.

I have 20+ loads to haul about the same distance but I use a 3-ton with a rack on it so I have a cab and heater to keep my toes toasty.

If you ever get those oats cut are you planning to combine, bale or swath graze them?

Undecided at this point. I might sample them with the combine but I don't want to waste a bunch of time or wear and tear on the combine for a few bushels an acre. Might offer it to somebody else to bale. Or leave it for the cattle.

BillinCentralMO
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Couple of Nice Days Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry about your oats. Old Man weather?s even meaner up
North evidently. In Central Missouri we have corn planted
4/9/19 in the bin. Later planted corn probably coming out this
week. Beans planted 6/2/19 look almost ready. Beans planted
mid June still a little green. Calling for Frost Saturday night I
believe. Hope things get better for you. We have no weather
issues. Just a Chinese Tariff killing our market prices.

BillinCentralMO
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Couple of Nice Days Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How?d the Canola come out for you ?

rusty6
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Couple of Nice Days Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The one little field of canola I've done was about half last year's yield. Poor weed control. It was too dry at planting, too wet at spraying time, and too wet to get a second application of glyphosate so it had more some bad weed patches that hurt the yield. At least its dry and that is the hardest thing to get this harvest. We barely broke the freezing mark today. Going way down tonight. Should kill the green stuff, maybe.

BillinCentralMO
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Couple of Nice Days Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hang in there. Hope it gets better for you. My biggest problem right now is the squirrels going after our Pecan Crop.
20 gauge patrol working to a degree.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters