Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Farmall 460

View previous topic :: View next topic  
colonel1958
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject: Farmall 460 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi guys! Looking for some info on 460. It has a 301 combine motor with minor head work. Has a TA 18x4x34 tires. Wondering if this motor is strong enough to pull 4mph classes and 5500-7500 weight classes. Sharp looking tractor. Owner says it is 100hp. Ive had my eye on it for a long time. Just wondering if it would be worth the investment. I currently have an Oliver 88 and do really well with it. This 460 just caught my eye 6 years ago and there's something about it I fell in love with. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

535353m
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 460 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It takes 100 plus hp to win 4 mph 4500# classes,with the best competitors,around the country

Lee460
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 460 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do agree with 535353M. Now my experiences. I am running 321 cubic. stock stroke,3 15/16 bore, 10.7 to 1 compression, a little head work and a lot of cam, stock 460 rpm plus 10%, 105 hp. Run 4 mph 15.5 top cut class 5500, 6000, 6500. Never come close to running out of power. Now I don't think I am running with the best in the country either, but I always finish in the top 4 or 5. I have built a half dozen of these 460 engines from 50 horse to 112 horse. My problem with your engine is I can't get that much horse out of a stock 301 with nothing more than a little head work. A stock 301 at stock 460 rpm will only seem to produce 75-78 hp. But there is always the chance I have been doing something wrong all these times. All you can do is try. If you don't have enough hp at least you have a tractor with a dam good start. As long as the price is right.( that sounded like a game show ). Good luck have fun. Lee

IN560
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 460 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LEE460 I finally got my 301 in and pulled it a few times this summer, learned alot, had alot of fun
and even placed a few times. Thanks for all the advice last year!

Lee460
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 460 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad to hear it. Now if you?re like some of us you can spend your days and nights thinking how to make it better.😀👍

IN560
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 460 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah about everyday. Need to lighten it up some more.
Do you know anybody who makes lightweight steering columns and column
pedestals for 4-560 LEE460?

Lee460
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 460 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No I don?t. Never looked that deep into lightening mine up. By that time it seems like alot of work for little gain. I have heard of a company that makes aluminum platforms. I don?t recall where they are but I always thought that would be the most bang for the buck. How light are you and how much do you want to shave?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters