Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Grease guns

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mutt and Jeff
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

grease guns..... never used one... what's it like
they don't prime
getting the spring loaded handle to pull out and latch
spring loaded handle plunger lets go about 1/2 way through refilling
the big tube threads cross thread or are stripped out
that crumpled or bent ring on the cartridge is now stuck and sliced my finger trying to catch the lip and pull it out
it just won't prime
never goes through the fitting just oozes around it
just keeps on oozing grease everywhere just sitting there
just gets that crap all over me and everything else
red white blue green like I am supposed to clean it out and get a do over every time I grease something different

my milwalkie outsquirts your dewalt the snap on out runs the ryobi

Two Dogs
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have to be smarter than the grease gun. TDF

dcarp
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2dogs - LOL

M&J might help if you made a understandable post. Save the rambling rant for the dog.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It?s was a joke .

Mutt and Jeff
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Third hand
an extra hand to hold the stupid thing while the first holds the coupler on the fitting and the second pumps the lever

grease guns at least I started my own thread and didn't just tag on to the other guys

dcarp
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Open the wallet and buy a battery operated grease gun and a LocknLube coupler. You then can do the whole process with one hand. Lock the coupler on the fitting then pull the trigger on the gun. Done. The battery operated guns are easy to load also.

For someone who frequently adds quite sarcastic replies on other posts you display remarkably thin skin.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a first. He grease in Dewalt grease
Gun get passed plunger. So when I pulled handle back a large amount of grease came out the plunger side. I'm thinking perhaps something not right with grease tube. So when I finished I pulled the handle back.

Mutt and Jeff
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yea, huh!

bully me
that works

did you spell check my post for me
I could learn a lot
help me understand life with others and how to get along in your world

red or green I'm not mean

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a first. He grease in Dewalt grease
Gun get passed plunger. So when I pulled handle back a large amount of grease came out the plunger side. I'm thinking perhaps something not right with grease tube. So when I finished I pulled the handle back.

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To keep the loading handle all of the way back take a piece of PVC pipe and cut a large enough groove in it. Pull the handle back and slip it over the rod. Now you can put in a new tube of grease and screw everything together. On the business end of the gun there should be a bleeder button to let air out. That should "burp" the air out. Those Milwaukee 18volt grease guns are fantastic. Check around on Ebay.

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guess you need more time spent ans and OILER on a Drag line in days gone by when you had to do your own pumping and refills . My grease gun is pushen 40 years old and still greasing , nope not into the new fangled stuff that needs a battery that goes dead on the first fitting while you are folded up under something .

fixt
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't see a problem.
Pull the handle to the rear and slide it in the lock slot.
Unscrew the top and remove old tube.
Remove plastic cap from new tube and slide it in the body.
Remove the pull tab top from the new tube of grease.
Screw on the grease gun top and wipe any leakage off.
Release the the handle from the lock slot.
Use grease gun.
I don't see a problem.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If only that lock slot would lock the plunger rod a little more securely. How many times have I accidentally bumped the plunger rod out of the locked position while I am trying to start the barrel threads.

T in NE
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Obviously you have never used a Milwaukee. They make a 12 amp-hour battery. It's big but on the half high-torque impact, you can change a set of truck tires with one battery.

PJH
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Grease guns Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes! That's what taught me to never point the barrel in my direction.

I have one with a worn lock slot. A 16 penny ring shank nail fits perfectly alongside the plunger rod when its in the locked position. It keeps it from popping out of the slot and wasting a tube of grease [and my patience].

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters