Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1958 CASE400 diesel where to add/check fluid levels?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirebiter
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject: 1958 CASE400 diesel where to add/check fluid levels? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A photograph or diagram showing where to check the levels of each and every fluid would be very helpful to me about now. Where each filler opening is would also be much appreciated. Any ideas where I might find one ? Does such a diagram or photo exist anywhere ?

I have figured out a few but not sure about the transmission and final drive. Do they use the same filler opening ?

I think I figured out the PTO level is the smaller plug below halfway down on the right side at the rear of the PTO housing. Can anyone verify that ?

amo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 CASE400 diesel where to add/check fluid levels? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BUY A MANUAL

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 CASE400 diesel where to add/check fluid levels? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do agree you should buy a manual lots of Great info you will need in one this should get you trhpough this issue though
cnt

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 CASE400 diesel where to add/check fluid levels? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OPS I see you say a 1958 model do you have a 400B then as the big Racine 400 I posted pics of was not made in 1958
cnt

Tirebiter
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 CASE400 diesel where to add/check fluid levels? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-amo wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:44:07 11/08/19) BUY A MANUAL

Yes I did but it covers several other model CASE tractors as well as the 400. I was hoping it would have more info on the 400.

Where do I get the manual that has the photographs and text shown above ? Those look like what I have.

My mistake this is a 1956 large frame Racine built 400 model. Not a 1958 as the title of this thread erroneously says.

Tirebiter
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 CASE400 diesel where to add/check fluid levels? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That didn't come out right. I believe I have the same fill openings, drain plugs and level checking plugs as what shows in those photographs. Yes, I agree I need to get a better manual.

Tirebiter
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 CASE400 diesel where to add/check fluid levels? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Case Nutty

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 CASE400 diesel where to add/check fluid levels? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No problem, Go to a local cih dealer and give them this order number and they can order you the correct ops manual, if you have a gas engine, they will have to look up the # for the dsl version, or if they cant post back and I can look that one up also, as I do have the book to give me the correct ordering #'s for all Case AG equipment

Tirebiter
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1958 CASE400 diesel where to add/check fluid levels? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok, Thanks. The closest dealer to me is 70 mles away. I give them a call and see what they can do for me.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters