Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Boy needs top soil

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are many different types of top soil in Vigo county. I think this is the best. My son

Does too. Going to haul it to Plainfield Saturday. Need to put a bow on trailer. Told him it's his Christmas gift.
George

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was that from where your building site is ?

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hum ? I'm wondering if this is all a plot to get you to bring that Kubota down to his place so he can spread the dirt out with it ?

Crazy Horse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK George .... ya got me ......

"Need to put a bow on trailer".

?????????

Crazy Horse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oops, before you reply, I get it ..... bow as in a bow on a Christmas gift.

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

While most mix dirt bark and white mason sand and sell it for garden soil our best top soil is Iowa sand we get out of the river mixed with some black stuff they get from the paper mill.

This paper mill residue is so strong it will kill your lawn if do not cut it with some cheap dirt. About like putting straight chicken manure on your lawn.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike,
My boy has a new house on west side of Plainfield
He discovered the contractor who built the place covered up rocks in yard with very little dirt. And the dirt next to house is settling. So he wants to replace rocks and build up dirt so rain will run away instead of towards basement.
George

whereswaldo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In some communities, developers are required to only place 4 inches of top soil over the ground when landscaping. That's why you'll see a tree in a high wind fall over taking a section of lawn with it: no tap root.

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take it easy on My terramite,dont want it to be wore out when I Get it

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No biggie, 2 terramites and Hota Bota.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You may be right, but who checks?
My boy bought this house less than a year after construction. The people who paid to build it, got transferred to Arizona.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is mostly what we have here, 60 miles north where I grew up, that would be poor soil.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

David,
I like the dirt because it drains well. You can drive on yard after a rain and not leave rutts. It's easy dirt to work with, doesn't stick to your shovel like clay does. That's why I love it.

My boy uses organic fertilizers that smells like poo. He has the best looking yard in sub-division. He's the only one that cuts his yard at 4.5 inches. His Neighbors shave grass an inch have weeds not grass.

My dirt may not be the best. Just add fertilizer and you can grew anything.

Geo.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Boy needs top soil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hum ? I was thinking a bow or bows as like the ones used to hold tarps up ? Thought he was going to have to tarp it to haul it.
I think you figured it out though.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters