Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

repurposing ideas?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have things to do, but I'm waiting on it to warm up.
Here are a few of my repurposing ideas:
orphan socks: I put ratchet straps in them. Use them protect safety glasses from getting scratched up. I zip tie sock to tractor in a safe place. Always nice to have safety glasses in truck, next to grinder.
Old tooth brush goes to workshop or barn along with old baking soda from refrig. Works great to remove oxidized battery terminals.
Coffee cans, I buy screws in 5# boxes. Coffee cans work great to store them in to keep stink bugs out.
Large Coffee can is next to sink. All food scraps goes in can, then to compost pile. Nice not to have wet stinky food in trash bag that might leak.
Plastic bags blankets come it. Store funnels in to keep them clean. Also grate place to store sandpaper and sanders, keep stink bugs out.
Quart oil bottles. Cut the tops off and use them to organize tools in truck's tool box. Cut the bottom out of bottle off and use it as a funnel when changing oil.
Dress clothes, become work clothes, then rags.
Most of the things I build from scrap metal, wood, or anything I can find.
My 4640# lawn roller was made from a 500 gallon fuel tank, mobile home frame, spindles from a Mazda, rebar and concrete.
V-shaped leveler, mobile home I beam.
Tree trimmer(death machine), snapper mower deck, 5 hp briggs off junk tiller, wood and metal.
Snow pusher for Farmall. Pro-type was built from wood, bolts, 4 inch sewer pipe. It's works so well never made it out of metal.
Just a few of my repurposing ideas.
So please share your repurposing ideas. Always looking for new ideas.

Sunny and 21. Time to get out of recliner and invent something to do.

geo.

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wife has been saving square margarine containers for about a year.
Gonna start sorting my small plumbing stuff and labeling them to make things easier to find.
Richard

NC Wayne
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Too many to mention, but Dad and I once opined that nearly everything we owned was homemade, or modified in some way.

My daughter just likes to say that we were recycling long before recycling became the cool thing to do.

FBH44
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Peter Pan peanut butter jars; clear plastic, you can see what's inside and yellow top you can write on.

unc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a booth at an antique show a few weeks back. A teenage girl fished through a cigar box of derelict pocket watch parts, and came up with a well worn gold filled watch case. We made a deal, and I asked her what she was going to do with it. "Make it into a locket", and she proceeded to describe exactly how she would do that. Good for her. She had access to tools, and knew how to use them. Repurposing at it's best. unc

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Dad would write "The Butter" in black marker on the top of the margarine container it the fridge.
Mom would keep left overs in old containers and Dad would get so mad digging threw these containers trying to find the margarine.

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use empty cottage cheese and cream cheese containers to hold small parts when I disassemble or for soaking in PP. Mark the lids for what's inside because if unmarked I usually forget what they were for. Endless supply along with plastic coffee containers.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We repurposed old milk cows into hamburger. Let?s see you top that!!

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Empty hydraulic buckets . Store funnels and haul diesel also have one on the welder to hold wire brush chipping hammer and the ends of the welding rod

Crazy Horse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

George ..... you are a man ahead of your time, a true millenium planet-earth loving kinda guy. Good for you, just goes to show that while you can manufacture some pretty scary and dangerous machinery, your heart is green and in the right place !!!

OregonAaron
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I cut up an old stock rack for a pickup bed into a hay feeder. Works great and is the exact length of a large rectangle bale.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Love it, Bruce!

Dean

db4600
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad you said it. That cow repurposed the feed into milk that brought profit to buy the seed to grow the feed. In the end it gave you the nourishment and energy to plant the seed and harvest the crop to process the feed that fed the cow to make the milk. And that?s not even mentioning the repurposed by-products....

4520BW
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we repurpose our young tender steers into steaks!

big jt
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: repurposing ideas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Old pill bottles I use to hold small parts. even take them to the hardware store when buying small screws.

Old tires drill a couple holes to drain water and store tow cables.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters