Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

530ck engine swap?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farmer Rock
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject: 530ck engine swap? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi guys,so i am looking at buying an old
530ck backhoe/loader that i believe has
the g159 gas,and all it needs is a
battery and a couple hoses,but for $800 i
would consider swaping to a g188
diesel,but i was wondering if everything
would match up and if g188 out of a skid
steer would be the same(just
curious,seems easier to come by)
Thanks,Rock

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 530ck engine swap? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 188 is 1-1/2" longer than the 159, so not all that easy. Has been done.

Farmer Rock
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 530ck engine swap? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi,do you think that it could still work,i mean 1 1/2 inch ain't much,i am sure it would effect the radiator and pulleys a little,but i am only considering it since it came from factory with that option,
Thanks

George by Geneva, NY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 530ck engine swap? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Forget it.. on the TLB 530. Doable on an ag tractor. Hood is biggest item needed. For the TLB, you will need a new loader frame as the front mounts, about midway on the side of radiator cowl as the gas unit will be short the 1 1/2 inches also. This is if you have a #32 or 33 loader. I do not have parts book here for loader on early 580TLB but I expect the same issue with them. Pretty much a deal killer. A good gas 159 should be OK for casual work. George

Farmer Rock
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 530ck engine swap? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok,thanks for the input,I didn't think it was going to be all that bad,but no big deal,for that price,gas or diesel,seems like a GREAT DEAL,
Anyhow,thanks guys,Rock

George by Geneva, NY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 530ck engine swap? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, price is making it look good. The other items to be aware of are pivot points, the pins and holes, how bad are they worn? look like they ever were greased? condition-how beatup the bucket and hoes are. Is it Caseomatic? that is a nice feature. You will like it if it is still in good shape. Expect hose replacement to happen.

Farmer Rock
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 530ck engine swap? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup,I just got through replacing 11 hoses on the massey ferguson 203 backhoe,so thats the one thing that I'm not excited about,but a good friend of mine drives dump trucks,and he knew I been looking for something like this,so he had a job at dairy farm,and saw it sitting out back,he got the price down to 800 for it,and the guy had it for 20 years,got tired of hoses bursting,so now it's sitting and I am told only needs battery and maybe carburetor,I talked to guy,I looked at the tractor for about five minutes,I plan on going back,but as for the hoe,I'm not sinking a whole bunch into,so if any problems,i'll take it off if possible,
Thanks,Rock

George by Geneva, NY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 530ck engine swap? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wrong!! I just checked parts book for 33 loader and the frames are the same for either engine. The change is in the piece called guard, that front of frame mounts to, it is specific to the type of engine. So, with that, a hood, air cleaner piping, it could be done. Have to be sure the bell housing pattern will match. I o-h the engine in mine and was easy job. Left loader on and took front axle and support out, then engine is there to ease out. It has sleeves with o-ring at bottom which leak with age. I got viton rings and used red rtv to seal them..HTH

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters