Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Over the weekend I sent a lengthy email complaint to the Missouri State Insurance Commissioner....I
got an email back today saying that they have opened a case against our insurance company and that
our company has 20 days to respond....

Today we went to the body shop owner that repaired our wrecked SUV and showed him our Carfax report...
We dont have an account and got this Carfax thru the car dealer that sold us our SUV new....A report is $39.99...
Our body shop owner was in amazement after looking it over...He said that our insurance company had to total
our SUV in order for it to it to have a Branded Salvage Title...We pretty much knew that..Our body shop owner
was going to help us sell our repaired SUV but thats off the table for now...

So,then we go to our local insurance agent to see what's going on...Well,they told us that the head office
was talking things over and they would call us back...So,after we get home I get a phone call from my local agent
as I have refused to talk to our insurance adjuster.....They told me that none of the 3 claims agents that worked
on our case reported it to Carfax...They claim that our SUV wasn't totaled..Something seems rotten in Denmark!!!
What do you think? I demanded that our Insurance company buy back our SUV..

So,our insurance company and the claims adjuster wanted me to contact Carfax to see whom reported
the car as totaled..As the SUV's owner only I can contact Carfax...I'm not a member but they did accept
my email as I had the correct information to give them about our report-etc..They emailed back and have
opened a case on it...I told them under no circumstances to change anything on that report until we find
out lots more...I could be wrong but I've that heard that it takes an act of Congress to change a Carfax
report as they pride them selves in giving out the correct information..

I could be wrong but I think that only a licensed insurance claims adjuster could contact Carfax and report
that our vehicle was totaled and to issue a Salvage title..My local agent tried to say that our body shop owner
could have done it which is a load of bull..The first dingbat claims adjuster that drug things out for 7 weeks did
take salvage bids on it and refused them as they weren't high enough....So,I bet that she totaled it to offer it for
salvage auction and now denies it..

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.....This is one of the biggest messes that I have ever been in and if
the insurance company doesn't buy our SUV back,a lawyer win or lose will be involved..We need about $10,000
for all the time and stress involved..Most insurance companies are rotten to the core and it took me 44 years to find
out mine was..

We have searched eBay to see what rebuilt 2019 SUVS like ours sell for...We often see SUV's like ours with less
damage that were totaled by insurance companies..They are sold to rebuilders for repair and they stress that they
dont rebuild frame damaged SUV's like ours was..

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've pretty learned that insurance companies, lawyers, cops an judges are pretty much all lawful crooks. Or in other words they get away with theft and it is all done with out them breaking any laws as such or as least where it can be proven. I my self do not trust any of them but sadly we have to deal with them from time to time

jimg.allentown
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry to see that you have such a mess on your hands.

I agree, there is definitely some funny business going on. Seems like everybody involved except you wants to point the finger away from themselves.

Any vehicle that heavily damaged should have been totaled right from the start.

As to insurance companies, they are ALL evil. Yours just happens to have a few duds working as claims adjusters. I can tell you about how intrusive some can be for homeowner's insurance. But, that is a story for another time.

Good luck with them, and I hope they get the spanking they deserve.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

generally, carfax gets their data from one of the major estimating systems that the insurance companies use to prepare estimates. mitchell, auditex (adp) and ccc are prolly the top 3. the insurance company can set what percentage of damage will trigger a total loss warning. if the decide to total the vehicle, the estimate is marked total loss and committed. i was a field claim examiner for 25 years and a body shop owner for over 15 years.

ed will
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, I've had insurance adjusters that were not truthful. Also, I had a cop in Tonasket Wa, that made an accident report that was complete bull s''t. With witnesses and all. So the system is not always right..Ed Will oliver BC

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's pretty simple! Check with your DMV licensing branch and see what the title status is for the vehicle.
It will be either a clear title, salvage title or rebuilt title.
Either of the last two means the vehicle has been declared totaled by a insurance company that paid the claim.
If that is the case someone owes you money and needs to pick up their vehicle.

Don't wait any longer, talk to a lawyer!

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks,thats real interesting to know...I think that 1 of the 3 claims adjusters working on it some how totaled it...One of them no longer works for the company and we heard that stuff from her file about our case was missing....Now,they are trying to weasel their way out of it and its too late since its now rebuilt...

ss55
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was under the impression the insurance company wanted to total the vehicle and the OP refused and wanted it repaired, am I mistaken?

NC Wayne
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I haven't seen the rest of the story, but a word of advice, which I'm sure you already know. First, know your Rights under your states laws. From there get an attorney if needed.

My wife got rear ended back in October. Everything started out OK. Then I had to call the insurance company handling the claim to get a rental set up. I got told they wouldn't authorize one until ours was at the body shop. That meant my wife having to take a day off work. I told them that wasn't acceptable given her work schedule.

Essentially, when they told me what they couldn't do, I showed my tail, told them what they were going to do. I also told them that if they didn't, they would have the insurance commission and a lawyer to talk to. I also let them know that I knew we had three years to settle or file against them. That evening I ultimately hung up on them to avoid getting really mad.

I called back the next day, and they kissed my butt. I've had to call several times since and I have yet to have any more problems getting them to do what they are required by law to do.

In the end, don't back down. Granted they will spend a dollar to save a dime, but most will back down, and do their job when they know you're willing to cost them far more than just that dollar.

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From the very start we demanded that our insurance company total our SUV and they refused to do it....Even our body shop said it should be totaled...An insurance adjuster from a company not involved with it said it should be totaled....It was hit so hard that it took 12 plus hours on a frame machine...We see SUV's like ours for sale all the time on eBay that were totaled with less damage than ours...

Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

THe Commissioner may not do what you need, but what they say will be the law in MO. WE had a fence taken out years ago,the insurance sent a check for $100.00 that would not even pay for the postes. Mom called the Mo Commissioner(before email) and we got a check for $125.00 over the estament. On a medical claim they told me I was just out of luck(by 14 days) If they can help, they will.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-1206SWMO wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:37:01 12/02/19)

WHAT the heck does carfax (LOL) have to do with how you were mistreated (raped) by your insurance company?

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am so sorry for you.

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In my state I think it is 75%.
Once the repairs hit 75% of the cost of the car it is a automatic total.

My wife got hit in a 8 day old car.
Estimate cost made it a repair job.
They fixed the car and give it back to us.
Then I started nickel and diming them.
This is not right for a 8 day old car fix it again.
Finally the cost hit the magic number and they totaled the car over doing a hundred dollar repair.

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Part 3-The Mess Continues With Our Wrecked Car Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Carfax really has nothing to do with it but our rebuilt SUV is now unsellable as it is listed with Carfax as a
salvage title and no factory warranty-etc.....It looks like our insurance company totaled the car a long time
ago and then decided to fix it which they did..

When and if they totaled it they had to sell it for salvage and pay us off,not fix it..Unless
a huge mistake has been made by Carfax,our insurance company needs to buy it from us as we cant do
anything with it.. This is one huge mess that just keeps dragging on...Its been 17 weeks now..

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters