Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1949 8N Ford Tractor

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmckinney
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 8N Ford Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That was how I found this forum! I plan on ordering a lot of them from here.
I guess that's why I'm more excited about getting it rebuilt. I thought I would have a very hard time finding parts.

1 Acre Warrior
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: 1949 8N Ford Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You may pay a little more for parts here than from Fleabay or Scamazon, but from everything I read here, the support you get is more than worth it.

cmckinney
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: 1949 8N Ford Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have made a parts list and the prices here aren't too bad. My first purchase for it was a manual. I didn't get it here but I figure this is the first step to rebuilding it right!!

cmckinney
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 8N Ford Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found some good used Ford 8N fenders and he also had some wheel weights. Gentleman told me these were wheel weights for an 8N. I don't need them but they were cheap enough so I bought them. I got them home and they don't look like they would go on an 8N.
Does anyone know what they might go to? Hope I can get the photos to upload.

cmckinney
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 8N Ford Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

cmckinney
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 8N Ford Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

cmckinney
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 8N Ford Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The fenders cleaned up nicely. Have to do a little body work but are way better than what was on it. Couldn't believe I found them 15 minutes from home and all he wanted was $60 for both together. I am very happy with them and tickled they have FORD stamped in them.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 8N Ford Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To me, the wheel weights look generic. They would probably fit
on an 8N if you drilled holes in your wheel centers for the bolts.

Used fenders are hard to find in good shape. Think about how
many years they've been around! They are available aftermarket,
as are just the fender skins to put on your support brackets.
Both more than $60.

The Ford script was on the later 8N and Jubilee fenders.
They stopped using it again later, but I don't recall exactly when.
It might have been with the 4 cylinder x000 series.
The fenders will interchanged just fine though.

cmckinney
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 8N Ford Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Royse!!

I have seen and priced the aftermarket fenders to mount on my brackets but just happened to find these last night with the brackets still attached to them also. Mine had the fenders without the script and from what I had researched that was how it came.

I decided $110 wasn't too bad a deal for 2 fenders with brackets and 2 wheel weights. ( I was only going for the fenders for $60 we had found LOL ) The guy showed us the weights and I knew I could always resell the weights if they weren't what I want or need. Anytime I don't get something and go back for it, it is always gone and I wish I had gotten it.

The weights threw me off by the holes because my wheels aren't predrilled for weights I noticed when I got home.

I was really surprised how well the fenders cleaned up. I was hoping after I got the rust wire brushed off them they would be decent. My husband and I straightened out a few dings and we will work on the few small rust holes they have. I'm just excited that I found some original fenders to save.

My Dad had the original carburetor in a box of extra parts he gave me. My husband got me a rebuild kit for Christmas and I rebuilt the carburetor that night and put it back on the tractor the next day after work. It runs great!!

I'm trying to fix and use all my original parts I can. I love preserving our past and history. I will say that it has been fun rebuild project with my husband.

cmckinney
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 8N Ford Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what these parts were for? They were mounted under the rear axle with the fender bolts. They are different sizes and shapes. I forgot to take a pic before I took the off.
I managed to figure out the bracket on my new old fender was a grease gun holder.
Thanks for your help!

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 8N Ford Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Left one looks like the bracket for the stabilizer bars.
Right one a combination bracket for the stabilizer bar and a
sickle bar mower. I'm not sure if Dearborn or Ferguson.

cmckinney
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 8N Ford Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wondered about that but they looked different from the ones I see for the 8N. Thanks so much Royse!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters