Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

How to reach a moderator?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PatsTractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: How to reach a moderator? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Trying to find a button or link to a forum mod.
Where is it? like if you need to reach out to a forum mod where's the link or button to do that?

I posted today and my first post none of my pictures got posted so I posted again and pictures went thru.

Could one of the mods remove my first posting?
It's in repairs section.

I'd appreciate it.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: How to reach a moderator? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you ever think a post was removed, then yes, contact Kim with the Feedback Form in the left hand menu of the home page. I don't do any moderating aside from deleting spammers. If Kim thinks it was instead a technical problem, she'll drop it my box anyway.

I doubt in this case, that was the problem, so when that happens, just drop me an email and I'll try to help you figure it out. With photos, the problem has always been one of two things, the total size of the photos exceeded the servers maximum (along with the post text but that is always minimal comparatively) or a similar issue is the naming is for some reason something our server can't handle, like if a photo had special characters in the name, or the file type was changed so it wasn't jpg or gif (png in some screens is supported too).

The second one is that the photo upload puts the embed statements in the post, and once it does, if they are deleted, the pictures are still on the server, but you can't see them in the post. This is natural since the embed statements look like gibberish. Sometimes also, when you go back to the post from uploading the embed statements will be highlight in your browser and typing any key will wipe them out. It was a flawed process but was the best I could come up with.

After I said two, there is actually a third. On some phones (iPhone with Chrome browser), it will sometimes "wrap" the embed statement into two lines with a hard return in the middle. That makes the photo not show up. I can't reproduce it, but it's happened to some people.

Well right now, there is yet another. The system keeps stalling out with database errors. I'm working to put in new systems right now, but we're not there yet. It's limping along right now. That's a temporary problem, but it may error out a post randomly if a database error occurs right at that time. Several people have reported it.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: How to reach a moderator? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I find that the time that it takes pictures varies greatly. Sometimes the upload immediately and other times you may have to wait as long as a min. for the icon to come up ( X files uploaded) and then you can proceed again.------------------Loren
PS Chris, I had Error 22 come up twice today.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: How to reach a moderator? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The error 22 may be the database error, but it also can be that the person starting the post was using a phone that generates those odd special characters. I've not corrected that because each solution has failed so far. But there have been many database errors over the last few months. That's why the new systems are coming. Those will help with the varying speeds of access too.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters