Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Need parts for 1926 Chev truck restoration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaNDan
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject: Need parts for 1926 Chev truck restoration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I need some parts and info for the second restoration of my 1926 Chev truck: Manual/book, clutch, carburetor, oil filter, etc. [At one time we used a carburetor from a Case S tractor.] Any replies or information would be most appreciated.

DMartin9N-2N
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Need parts for 1926 Chev truck restoration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good evening mandan: Is that a 4 cylinder chevy? I think I recall they went from 4 to 6 in the late 1920s, but not sure. I have a 4 cyl. Chev engine I got from a friend some years ago, I will never use it. Please let me know if you have interest in 4-cyl chev from the 1920s.

Dennis M. in W. Tenn.

MaNDan
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Need parts for 1926 Chev truck restoration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Dennis: Yes it is a 4 cylinder motor. Let"s talk, email or txt.
And thank you very much for responding to my inquiry.

MaNDan
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Need parts for 1926 Chev truck restoration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dennis M: Yes and Yes. I tried to respond to
you, but have a hard time with this YT site
/forum. Please contact me if you can. BG

DMartin9N-2N
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Need parts for 1926 Chev truck restoration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good evening: Just a quick answer for now, more later. I have some numbers and info the previous owner passed along to me, and I need to find that info somewhere in this house! I can say the previous owner said the engine had been used for a sawmill. I have had the assembly inside a barn. Engine seems 90 per cent complete, all tin covers still on it. Transmission has a pulley for a flat belt, the whole rig is on the front part of a vehicle frame that I assume to be original to it. Manifolds are off right now, stored in tack room. Carburetor looks useable. Crankshaft pulley may be damaged, it does not seem to fit onto crankshaft properly. I will try email or other in next few days, no need to do this in a public forum!

Dennis M. in W. Tenn.

DMartin9N-2N
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Need parts for 1926 Chev truck restoration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good morning, ManDan: I tried clicking on the button "Profile Information" on your post, and it showed a button for instant messaging. I clicked on that and it said the system is not ready. At this point I don't seem to have a way to contact you. I will give you an email so you can contact me, then maybe we can communicate: east595 (at) bellsouth dot net. Try that. BTW, I did get the engine's serial number.

Dennis M. in W. Tenn.

MaNDan
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Need parts for 1926 Chev truck restoration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Through this forum, I was fortunately able to get in contact with a nice young man from W Tennessee. Right now used replacement parts are being packaged for shippment. I hope to be able to post some updates about our restoration project over the next few months.
Thank you very much, DMartin9N-2N, YTractors and Yesterdays truck forum. I do appreciate y'all. MaNDan
1926 Chev truck

Raptor44
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Need parts for 1926 Chev truck restoration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kind of late but I have a line on a whole drive train for a 29 chevy. Its a 6 cal though. Engine, trans and reared.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Yesterday's Trucks All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters