Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

D19 Gas Engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galen Houk
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a D19 gas that got water in the engine and the crank and pistons are very rusty. Is there a Gleaner combine with the same engine that might work for a swap?

DrAllis
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Models C or C2 or early model F combines. You will have to use your governor and carburetor.

Galen Houk
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My brother got things cleaned up and he thinks all he needs is one piston and sleeve standard bore. I will start calling AC parts guys on Monday.

Roger Tomfohrde
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the motor from a G the same, I thought it was.

DrAllis
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nope. The early "G" combine had a G-2800/ 301 gas engine the same as a 190XT. The later model G's had a Chevy 350 industrial/truck engine.

b.jones
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I work for a guy who has an old F gleaner. I am pretty sure it has the 262 motor. I have not posted on Yamagata for years. Hope this works. I live in north central mo.

Galen Houk
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. We will look for parts first and if we can't find anything, I can get back to you.

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Galen,
Have you ever dealt with Steve Fischer from Sleepy Eye for AC parts? Great guy to deal with. I don't have a phone number handy now. Good luck. Kow Farmer Kurt

Galen Houk
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for all the help. I have Streve's his card and may call him. My brother has a couple other leads. He found a guy who has a parts C2 engine or a new overhaul kit. The guy just used one piston from the combine for a D19 he had. My nephew will measure the pistons and sleeves to compare them between the tractor and the combine engine. My local parts guy says the blocks are the same but he doesn't think the pistons are because the combine has smaller pistons. If he uses used parts he has to find new rings or use the old ones. My brother has to decide if the extra cost is worth it for new parts when the tractor will probably never be used for farming. We also don't know the condition of the rest of the tractor because we bought it not running.

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used to live in Bevier.

DrAllis
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A D-19 engine and a C-C2-older F combine are the same engine. The A and A2 combine have smaller pistons.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you run out of leads I have 3 or 4 of those blocks over in a building,have to look what they have in them haven't looked in a couple years.Also have a mostly complete
motor out of a gas D19.

Tramway Guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The C2 used the G262 engine as did the D19. The combine governor was different.

Galen Houk
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: D19 Gas Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I think we have what we need but will keep you in mind.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters