Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Case 310 crawler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poochie
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Case 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi all, been following this site for many years and finally registered. I just purchased a Case 310 crawler with a gas G148 motor. Hadn t been ran in fifteen years. Rebuilt the carb, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, condenser,points, coil. Fired right up but I m getting a small backfire/pop through the carb. If I pull off the #3 cylinder wire while it s running the backfire goes away. Played with timing a bit and no difference. Any suggestions? Possible stuck valve? Thanks, I appreciate any suggestions as I m running out of solutions.

el6147
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Case 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Possible sticking or slightly burned intake valve, check compression.

Poochie
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Case 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the advise. I did check the # 3 cylinder and it was at 90. Didn?t have time to compare to the other cylinders but I?ll check them tonight.

Poochie
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Case 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Checked compression on all cylinders and they?re all above 90. Put some Risilone additive in the oil and ran for 30 minutes last night to see if that may free up a sticking valve. Will run again tonight and see what happens. Any other ideas?

pinball
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

close your fuel shut off valve under the seat. start it up and open the valve just enough to keep it running and see if that helps. worth a try

Poochie
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well. Took the valve cover off and found a stuck valve and bent push rod. Pulled the head, got the valve unstuck, replaced the push rod. Runs great
now😀

Poochie
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Case 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Poochie wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:45:42 02/03/20) Hi all, been following this site for many years and finally registered. I just purchased a Case 310 crawler with a gas G148 motor. Hadn t been ran in fifteen years. Rebuilt the carb, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, condenser,points, coil. Fired right up but I m getting a small backfire/pop through the carb. If I pull off the #3 cylinder wire while it s running the backfire goes away. Played with timing a bit and no difference. Any suggestions? Possible stuck valve? Thanks, I appreciate any suggestions as I m running out of solutions.

Poochie
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Case 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, it seems to run fine for the most part. It will idle great for quite some time and then all of the sudden will start running poorly, almost like it s missing. Is it possible the cam gear is skipping a tooth? I ve had the timing gear cover off and inspected the governor as well. Not sure if the governor is operating as it should either as when it is running I m having trouble getting the RPM s up. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Poochie
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Case 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

one more question. The carburetor on the tractor now is a Marvel Schebler TSX 338 but the manual calls for a Marvel Schebler TSX 957. I m looking to purchase an imitation Marvel Schebler carb. Are these somewhat interchangeable or do I need to replace it with one that matches the TSX 338 ?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters