Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Cat 301.8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fred goodrich
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Cat 301.8 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

anybody using one of these to tell me how to adjust tracks in and out?

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Cat 301.8 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to the link below there is a video on how to.
AJ
Track adjustment

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Cat 301.8 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-AJ. wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:56:49 02/14/20) Go to the link below there is a video on how to.
AJ
Track adjustment

I think the 301.8 and some others of that series have a plate just behind the idler on the side of the frame you have to remove to get to the grease fitting and valve.

fred goodrich
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Cat 301.8 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I should have been more specific, the tracks move in and out hydraulically with a cyl. can't find the lever to do it.

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Cat 301.8 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So you are talking about the extendable/expandable tracks not track adjustment. Found this video that might help. I don't know that the 301.8 is the same but worth checking out. It would be good if it had an operator's manual with it, wouldn't it.:wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zTQYoK6UxA

Steve in VA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Cat 301.8 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found a similar video on youtube with the
only difference being that it showed the
switch on the left armrest just aft of the
joystick. I apologize for not being able
to link it.

fred goodrich
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Cat 301.8 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you all for responding, the video was helpful. This one has aswitch on rh side you move and then you use the blade lever to move tracks

caterpillar guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Cat 301.8 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In that attached video he has a good way to lose those fingers if it came down quick.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters