Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

john deere baler re chamber

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfrehner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: john deere baler re chamber Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I have a 466 John Deere baler that makes a 16x18 bale. I would like to see if I could rechamber the chamber and make it make a 14x18 bale. I did this by bolting in
1"x3" tubing in the inside on top and bottom through the whole bale chamber. Went and tried it out and it still popped out a 16x18 bale. Has anyone ever done this
successfully, and what am I missing? Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks

VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: john deere baler re chamber Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't see how it could

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: john deere baler re chamber Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your plunger and opening of the bale chamber is still designed for a 16x18 bale I don?t know if you could ever squeeze the bale chamber small enough to make the physical bale size smaller . I think if you did Capacity would really drop and bale shape would be terrible . I bet that was one tight 16x18 !

derwen1959
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: john deere baler re chamber Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not a good idea

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: john deere baler re chamber Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nope. No way. Just buy another baler,or put up with the bigger bale.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: john deere baler re chamber Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I?ll trade you my 14x18 international baler for your John Deere 16x18

ArleninOr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: john deere baler re chamber Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SV, I could trade a JD for a JD.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: john deere baler re chamber Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Once Jon the needle wizard gets done with my d1000 baler needles I May Just about be out of the little baler business again . I?ll probably still put up a couple hundred bales of hay and maybe 100 of straw just for the horse corral but I think everything else will go 2x3 maybe even the horse hay sure a lot easier I can do everything from baling and hauling all by myself

I really like the little bales and it?s tons easier since I got that bale loader but I still need one helper to run that program

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: john deere baler re chamber Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think even if you could choke the bale chamber down without changing the plunger to a smaller size it would back feed like crazy with the plunger still trying to shove 16x18 worth of hay down a 14x18 hole

MikeJM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: john deere baler re chamber Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It can be done, but you need to reduce the whole chamber down and the plunger too. I know my cousins rechambered a freeman baler down to a smaller size. I even saw a New Holland once that was totally redone to make the tiny decorative bales.

NHbalerman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: john deere baler re chamber Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have done it on a couple of new hollands works good a lot of work took out 2 inches out of the center of plunger and made a new bottom all the way to the back works like a charm

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters