Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

8.25X20 Conversion to Modern Tire Size

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prairieplow07
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject: 8.25X20 Conversion to Modern Tire Size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I want to change the tires on my 1962 GMC4000 to a
modern tire. I found that 9RX22.5 is the exact
replacement. However, I am now finding that
9RX22.5 are very hard to find and very expensive.
Is there another modern tire size that will
replace the 9RX22.5? Finding rims is another
challenge! (10-hole / 8.75 circle / 6.25 hole)

Like all the posts I read, the tires are worth
more than the truck.

Jim in Sask
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 8.25X20 Conversion to Modern Tire Size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went through something similar this past summer - the back tires on my 1981 Chev C60 were shot (9.00x20). Between new rims plus radial tires the cost was too much. I didn't care much for Chinese tires but my local shop I was dealing with said he'd put quite a few Samson tires on trucks with good results. 9.00x20 bias was available so I went with them and have been happy with the results. I don't know if they make an 8.25x20 though.

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: 8.25X20 Conversion to Modern Tire Size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

8:25X20 tires are plentiful, economical, in comparison, and available in traction and steer. We just put 4 - 8:25X20 rear traction tires on our 1980 C50. I also use 8:25X20 steer tires on our CASE-IH Grain drills in place of the original 20" drill tires which are only 4 ply and very expensive.

barwinn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 8.25X20 Conversion to Modern Tire Size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was told before that 255/70/22.5 is comparable to 9Rx22.5. Try 4wheelonline. They have some good pricing on tires.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Yesterday's Trucks All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters