Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Needing a starter for a 205 MF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farmallb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject: Needing a starter for a 205 MF Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MF wants $400 with taxes. Thats crazy. DDs I took to a rebuild shop. They cracked it, and it was full of water and everything in it was froze up and ruined.

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Needing a starter for a 205 MF Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You posted about this a couple weeks ago. Did you check out the leads you got then? Did you do an on line search using the part number (3281499M93)? Amazon and eBay have them for about $275. Can the rebuild shop you went to get one for you?

Phil Tibbetts
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Needing a starter for a 205 MF Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is this the 205 industrial with the Perkins diesel or the 205 import?

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Needing a starter for a 205 MF Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Phil Tibbetts wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:23:52 03/25/20) Is this the 205 industrial with the Perkins diesel or the 205 import?

He has the compact, not the industrial.

Farmallb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Needing a starter for a 205 MF Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hers is the jap? made 2 cyl. The rebuild shop didnt say they could get ont but they did have the
same price as MF so I suppose they could get one through them

Farmallb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Needing a starter for a 205 MF Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I havnt had puter access for over 4 months, just hit and miss at eather library or DD when I see her
once a month. By then, anything said is either 20+ pages down the road, or gone altogether. Ive
never delt with amizon, but I didnt see anything in E Bay. I hit, (Starter for 205 Masssey Ferguson
295 tractor) and didnt see anything on E bay

Farmallb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Needing a starter for a 205 MF Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found it on E Bay. Thanks Jim

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters