Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Searches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregww
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Searches Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a question about searches. I have noticed all Tractor Tales topics posted before Mar. 20 have been purged. I understand this. Will doing a search reveal these purged topics, or all they all stuck out there in cyber space somewhere? Lost forever. Thanks Greg

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Searches Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tales, being off topic, gets purged automatically and the posts are actually deleted. It saves a lot of storage to do this, and most of the posts don't provide information for people in the future on tractors or farming topics. We'll be doing the same thing with the test forum and this forum soon, we just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

I realize it's a little odd since all the OT things people talk about in Tractor Talk and Tool Talk remain, but that wasn't by design. Tales was by design for just conversation. The OT in those forums would be weeded out in the same way if there were a way, but there isn't.

An interesting thing to think about when you post a how-to on Tales is, that it would be better to post it in one of the other forums so it remains. Even some off-topic-to-tractors like how-tos for farm projects are best done elsewhere if they'd be useful to folks in the future. On-topic for farms is good to save too, we just don't have a forum for it since Tales is normally just conversational posting.

Greg1959
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Searches Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, that is good to know. I'll make sure posts I make that
I want to reference later will be posted in another forum, be it
tractor related or not.

BTW, Did ya'll get switched over to the new servers, things seem
to be running a whole lot faster now! Thank you all so much!

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Searches Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, only tractorshed. yt is still on the old. Kim found and fixed some very serious problems. I was humbled to say the least. This old server is still hitting database issues during the day and I have to reset that, but it's working 190% better than it was.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Searches Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The "locals" used to refer to that as cleaning out the spreader. LOL

Rich'sToys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Searches Reply to specific post Reply with quote

YTSupport wrote:

I realize it's a little odd since all the OT things people talk about in Tractor Talk and Tool Talk remain, but that wasn't by design. Tales was by design for just conversation. The OT in those forums would be weeded out in the same way if there were a way, but there isn't.

If the OT threads in those other forums were moved over into Tales, people would soon figure it out and quit posting OT in the other forums.
I realize this would take a fair amount of time-at least at first. May be another case for having more than one moderator!

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Searches Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We don't have the technical capability to move threads because of Classic View's old software. That concept hadn't been invented in the 90s. It could be programmed but it would be tough.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters