Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Last single location dealer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are there any left in the country now? I didn't know Godfrey Brothers in Jonesville Michigan had been taken over until I saw an ad in the Farm Trader that said they own the Chevy dealership in Albion now. I did a search and found out that they were taken over on September 1 apparently. I knew they must have had a huge bullseye on their backs for a lot of years now. My sympathy goes out to everybody they served.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think Bramlett Impl StephenvilleTx is still a single location. It's been owned by same family for over 80 yrs.

Pete in MD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gladhill Tractor in Jefferson, MD near Frederick is a very large family owned dealership with a smaller location in Damascus, MD. Been that way for many years.

NY 986
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

O'Hara Machinery Auburn, NY. Hope I did not curse them by mentioning their name here.

Merton Canady
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gay Implement in Seaboard NC.

LarrySTN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a single dealer about 45 minutes from me. My local dealer was bought out by AgPro, what a disaster. I'll bet since the start of the buy until now that 10 new Fendts are sold to each Deere sold in my area. The Fendt dealer is growing larger to keep up with demand and still a single outlet. Seems Deere has learned to shoot themselves in the foot. The farm neighborhood here used to be largely Deere, now we see many colors in their place.

36 A
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Preston equipment Preston Mn

Paul from MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Godfrey's was indeed a great dealer, had been for many years. Deere told them they were out some time ago. Only BTO's are buying new equipment, other farmers are buying used. Sad, but just the way it is.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There not any Agco dealer John Deere dealer or cnh fiat dealer that is a single store in Idaho or UTAH that I know of. The last John Deere sold out about five years ago and the Agco was before that and cnh the next year . Just the way it is I guess

ET
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They must be the last one in NY

M-MAN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hamrick Oshields in Shelby NC. Deere made them move from Boiling Springs to there several years ago. One of the oldest in the country. Three generations of Hamricks have ran it.

NY 986
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe so. Up to a month or so ago there was one in the St Lawrence River area. Closer to home there was Charles Oliver and Son in Canaseraga, NY near Hornell, NY. My 6 row 1750 planter started out there before being traded to the dealer in Hall, NY. Oliver went out around a dozen years ago already.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Same here. An AGCO dealership sprang up out of a former Home Depot building selling Fendt,Challenger,Massey,Terra Gator and Row Gator. It's owned by a family that used to sell Deere. They poached the best parts and service guys from wherever they could get them. They host a lot of ag meetings in their facility fostering good will. They're gaining momentum all the time.

Bob Collins
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just saw that too, looks like Greenmark has taken over Godfrey's is that right?

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Last single location dealer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Greenmark ya,that's what a search brought up.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters