Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video

View previous topic :: View next topic  
warbaby
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

An official FoMoCo film about the Willow Run bomber plant. Early 9N Fords start out the movie and a BNO 40 finishes it off, with lotsa detail and action constructing the plant and the B-24 Liberators in between.

Love the "...lttle midget" (27 minutes into the film) who crawls through the wing's air frame to bolt up the wing tip assemblies!

If you have .5 hours to kill....
Willow run

soaked
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a cool video!

Thanks for posting! 😃

Clifford B.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would not call it killing a half hour, I would call it
taking a half hour to remember what we the people are capable
of doing to keep our country and freedoms alive, and hope and pray that our spoiled lazy younger generations can get their collective heads out of their asses and realize and appreciate what their fore fathers have done for them and step up the task of carrying on for our GOD and our country, because no one else is going to do it for them, they will only take it away from them
if they do not.......

8NHENRY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is very interesting! Amazing technology for that day and time in my opinion.

Btzj02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Highly recommend visiting the Air Museum in Tuscon AZ. They have a fully restored plane that looks like it just came off the assembly line. Beautiful machine. Interesting to talk to the Vets that work there too.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-warbaby wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:38:41 04/04/20) An official FoMoCo film about the Willow Run bomber plant. Early 9N Fords start out the movie and a BNO 40 finishes it off, with lotsa detail and action constructing the plant and the B-24 Liberators in between.

Love the "...lttle midget" (27 minutes into the film) who crawls through the wing's air frame to bolt up the wing tip assemblies!

If you have .5 hours to kill....
Willow run
one thing that really got my attention was that the plant dedication took place six months BEFORE Pearl Harbor bombing!

John in Mich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I live 8 miles from where that building stood and worked in that building for 30 years for GM Hydra-Matic. Notice I used past tense.
The building is gone except the area where the planes left the assemblyline and entered the airport. That portion is being renovated by the Yankee Air Museum of which I am a Charter Member.
A little side story: I lived about 3/4 mile north of the plant, as the crow flies, from 1943 to 1950. After the war, a B-24 was towed to a vacant field about 1/4 mile from my house to be made into a monument. No funding was available and vandalism caused that plane to be scraped. But, before it was hauled away, as a 6 year old, I got to play in that plane. (if only my parents knew!)
A side note: go to youtube and look up, "Rosie the riveter says save the bomber plant". The two youngest are my granddaughters. The Ford GPW with the machine gun belongs to a friend. A subsequent video has my granddaughters and my son's GPW.

John in Mich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that the midgets are called "little people" and there are still some living in the area.

John in Mich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Remember we were furnishing Brittan and France with war hardware before Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor was
Japan's attempt to keep us out of the war. Instead, they only awakened a sleeping giant. Roosevelt knew
we would be getting into it, Pearl Harbor was the catylist to waken the public.

John in Mich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Each year, the Yankee Air Museum hosts an airshow at Willow Run Airport. As an active member, I
volunteer to work the show. Set up, 2 days of show and cleanup on Monday and, Tuesday if necessary.
As part of my bucket list I have purchased seats, one plane each year, on the B-17, B-25, B-24 and B-29.
I still have a desire to go up in a P-51 if only...

John in Mich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2 of the huge ceiling cranes were still in use up to just before the building was torn down.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-John in Mich wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:46:46 04/05/20) Remember we were furnishing Brittan and France with war hardware before Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor was
Japan's attempt to keep us out of the war. Instead, they only awakened a sleeping giant. Roosevelt knew
we would be getting into it, Pearl Harbor was the catylist to waken the public.
I believe that.

FrankOceanXray
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Periscope Films is an awesome source for these wonderfully aged videos. If you enjoy these types of films, see all their uploads. Well worth it.

warbaby
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Early 9N Ford tractor and BNO 40 video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rosies

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters