Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Need assistance identifying a MF35 and Perkins engine.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Need assistance identifying a MF35 and Perkins engine. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 3.152 is a great engine, I'll trade you my Continental 4 cyl gas engine for the 3.152 you have if you really want a 4 cylinder engine.

TLedford
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Need assistance identifying a MF35 and Perkins engine. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I appreciate your offer but this tractor and its entirety has a home. My son and I are getting ready to do a full restore and was having difficulty identifying the engine to get parts. Unless something jumps out at you in the pictures, we will have no other choice than to go in the engine and examine the components to determine what we need.

Last edited by TLedford on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Need assistance identifying a MF35 and Perkins engine. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There should be a engine serial number on either the intake side, or rear of the engine block above the bell housing (it's a stamped in number) you may have to remove some parts, do some scraping of paint, and other stuff to find the number.

Endicott Tractor Club
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Need assistance identifying a MF35 and Perkins engine. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1960 MF 35 (SNM 207522) with Perkins engine serial number CL 1933076 C (Possible the C is a O). If you still have your tractor and have any info on your engine please contact me to exchange info. Thanks

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Need assistance identifying a MF35 and Perkins engine. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He might be around and answer you, but his last post was on Monday, Oct. 13, 2014 according to his profile. Just so you know.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Need assistance identifying a MF35 and Perkins engine. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Endicott Tractor Club wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:11:49 05/22/20) I have a 1960 MF 35 (SNM 207522) with Perkins engine serial number CL 1933076 C (Possible the C is a O). If you still have your tractor and have any info on your engine please contact me to exchange info. Thanks

Don't know what the C, or O would be after the serial number, but the CL indicates Chrome Liners. I'm currently working on a 1961 MF35 with a engine serial number CL 1869465 (it's the original engine to the tractor). The CL 1933076 serial would seem to indicate that your engine is not original to the tractor. What kind of info do you need to know about your engine.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters